Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#1449166 12/01/05 07:16 PM
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
I think that I will just work on my own car. Then if it messes up I will have no one to blame except myself. I have been told that these cars are very difficult to work on but there is nothing that i have not been able to do myself so far. thanks for everybodys' input.
Joe

2000 svt contour 1996 oldsmobile eighty-eight
#1449167 12/02/05 12:08 AM
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
I've also vowed against the dealership. I had my fuel pump replaced a few years ago [right before the recall non-the-less]. I was gutting out my interior about a year, and realized when they replaced my fuel pump, they cut away a good section of the unibody [to access it better??], and then half-assed siliconed it back in place.

now I would love to go apeshit on the mechanic [if you can call him that] that did that to my car but it was the span of like 2 years before I noticed. I think in general the work done is crap and only in rare situations is it obvious how they just defiled your car.

yes... I am a cougar owner trolling on your board.
#1449168 12/02/05 05:47 AM
G
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
G
I've had bad experience with any mechanic. Ford or not. I've had non SVT rotors put on. When I had my water pump fixed. Hah! It leaked two weeks later. I've had a mechanic switch my brand new plugs and wires saying that was the cause of my misfire. I've had guys look at my car and refuse to do anything because of all the modifacations I have done. Like my battery being in the trunk has anything to do with why my starter wouldn't turn. My sugestion is if you know how to fix somthing, do it. IF you don't. I'd still try to do it. Not once has any mechanic done anything to my liking on my contour.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard