Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by akrump47:
Originally posted by svt4stv:
GM should build a supercar, one that isnt a superfied version of their premium sports car. dont get me wrong, this new Z06 is badass, im just thinking something more wild that'll turn heads like the Viper and the GT. although its way cool their "normal" sports car can be modded to keep up with the other guys' "exotics"

Agree 100%

+2

2006 Mazdaspeed6 1997 Yamaha YZF1000R Thunderace 1996 Volvo 850-R
R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
Holy Old article Roger!

Latest rumors say the Blue Devil is a dead program.

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by Rara:
Holy Old article Roger!

Yeah...the car was destroyed.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by Rara:
Holy Old article Roger!

Im not suprised, i just dont see many people buying a 100k vette, exept crazy vette fans. People that can afford that kinda car will go out and buy a 911t.(or if there american car nuts they will buy a gt) + i just dont see a chassis sporting leaf springs doing well with 600+ hp's.

98 csvt t-red.. sho-shop intake, b&m, fidanza, spec1 clutch, Torsen, DMD,optimized Y& TB, Brullen, rear strut bar,h&r's,17" konig traffik's. "I say what I mean and I do what i say"
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
I'm not a huge fan of corvettes but it's not impossile for GM to build one that would smoke a GT. That just raises the bar for ford. There is one engine option for the ford gt so far, who's to say they won't drop a V10 in there eventually? ABout GM comming out with an actual exotic, I agree with most of you.

98.5 SVT FOR SALE $5000
G
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by svt4stv:
GM should build a supercar, one that isnt a superfied version of their premium sports car. dont get me wrong, this new Z06 is badass, im just thinking something more wild that'll turn heads like the Viper and the GT. although its way cool their "normal" sports car can be modded to keep up with the other guys' "exotics"

I don't know if you already know this, but GM already tried to make the Corvette a mid engine super car from the 70's to the early 90's. They had many concepts with mid engined powerplant and wild body designs. They even stepped away from pushrod V8's and into new(for the time) horizons such as dual overhead cams, smaller engines with less cylinders, turbo's, ect. I forgot the guys name who was in charge of the Corvette program from then until just recent. But he was the one who wanted for over 20 years to push the Covette to the next step of supercar. GM said no to him for a few reasons. 1. cost 2. Heritage. They wanted to keep it a FR pushrod V8. For sentimental reasons or what I don't know. But look. It still is a FR V8, and a damn good one if you ask me. 3. Finally GM said thet there wouldn't be a market for somthing of that definition in the U.S. They thought that overly rich people in the U.S. wouldn't buy an overpriced mid engine american supercar(like the ford GT) that could and would spank the pants off of whater you wanted. Like we would want to stick to all that hereitage crap and not have somthing amazing. One thing is for sure though. I don't ever remember GM asking anyone if that's what they wanted or not. Because if I was an overly rich weenie, that's exactly what I would want. Maybe in the future GM will decide to just make a completly different model. And then again I'll be an overly rich weenie. But I'm not holding my breath for either one.

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by dubkatz:
+ i just dont see a chassis sporting leaf springs doing well with 600+ hp's.

Please explain.

Very few of life's problems can not be solved with the reasonable application of more horsepower!
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by Silver Snake:

Please explain.

Were listening.

Troutslap for Roger

BD does not exist anymore. Maybe again in the future......

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Silver Snake:

Please explain.

It's doing spiffy with 500 bhp......

And I think that GM's engineers might have thought of doing some chassis upgrades to keep a car that fast from killing its owner.

98 Silver Frost SVT 97 BMW 540I Sport, six speed "Blue is for sky, black is for soil, and white is for simplicity, purity and hope for the future" "A coveted car should never stunt your life, but should make it more rich and interesting."
G
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
G
Here are some of the cars I was talking about. web page

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard