Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Come now. What cars were made one year?

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
If you had driven this thing, you would, . My wife is gonna howl when I show her this. That car still gets made fun of by our old friends. Good find, Todd
Scott

Scott Mabe I WILL be Phil. 1999 Contour SVT, Tropic Green BAT kit, K&N RU-3530+MAF, Magnecore 8.5mm, some audio goodies, Hightowers, Knauberized, tatoo by Parkedcar.
V
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
V
The Pinto was notable for another reason - it was the car that caused the public to learn that automakers assigned a dollar value for every person killed in flaming gas tank explosions. No joke - it came out in the lawsuits.

A guy I used to work with in high school had a Pinto with huge rear tires and a fart can. Of course he still had the original 4 cyl. in it This was around '89, so I guess he was one of the OG's of rice.

The Vega was one of those cars that could have been cool if they hadn't been such pieces of crap

E0 #36 '95 Ranger '82 Honda CX500
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
...ohh that og's of rice line is great....you guys are thinking way too old...how about something more recent...the cadillac catera ...how about another one from caddy..the cimeon(sp?)known to the rest of the free world as a chevy cavalier.. ...some outside of this little circle would say the contour/mystique is pretty bad...not the worst by far..but pretty bad..

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
do a google search for "worst american cars of all time"...lots of polls out threre you'll get the 74' gto,80-85 citation,84 fiero,gremlin,pinto,edsel 78-87caprice..chryler tc..

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by tour96se:
cimeon(sp?)known to the rest of the free world as a chevy cavalier..

Close, Cimeron. And yes, they sucked. GM made money on those PsOS.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
do a google search for "worst american cars of all time"...lots of polls out threre you'll get the 74' gto,80-85 citation,84 fiero,gremlin,pinto,edsel 78-87caprice..chryler tc..

I can't believe a few of those... the 1977-1989 Impala/Caprice was a nice full size car.

I would land the 1976-1980 Dodge Aspen/Plymouth Volare as the worst. The only car where the turn signal stalk broke in testing.

Brad "Diva": 2004 Mazda 6s 5-door, Volcanic Red Rex: 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, Harbor Blue.
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G

Heh, Fiero. My dad used to own one. I remember my dad driving me to the airport in that, and just listen to music watching the planes land and take off. I just loved that car!

Yes, most people outside of this circle hate the contique. Where else did the Ford "Detour" and the Mercury "Mistaque" come from? I'm not a big fan of the car myself. I'm just trying to make lemonade of my Cabernet Red coloured lemon.

Or is it "Dingleberry" coloured, as the infamous Packrat pointed out?

Is my car for sale? PM me if you're in South FL.
Originally posted by XKontour98:
Haha that's awesome! Go GM!

YES, SIR!!! General Aviation is Looking good right now...http://www.beapilot.com
K
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
K
I made the slight tactical error of ordering a 1974 Vega new from the factory in the summer of 1973. It was an...interesting...car. Let's see...electrical problems (the seatbelt interlock kept shorting out, requiring you to open the hood and press an override button to start the car); the valve seals lasted about 47 miles, after which it used a quart of oil every, magically, 47 miles; it rusted, especially around the back window (aluminum trim and steel body = nasty electrolysis); the exhaust manifold disintegrated one nice night on the Baltimore beltway, leading to a wild fireworks display as the exhaust system collapsed onto the highway; the trim around the windows, after rusting the body beneath, fell off; the lower right side of the dash fell off on the way home from picking the car up new (yes, a sign...); and it bottomed out on the slightest dip in the road....BUT, it was my first car, had a four-speed manual and disc brakes, and it ran (sort of). At least the air conditioning worked and it usually didn't strand me. So, okay, it may have been the worst American car ever (maybe), but the absolute worst car ever made, ever, EVER, was the 1977 BMW 320i that I bought to replace the Vega. It made the Vega seem like a Lexus. Honestly.

'00 SE...that's all
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
cimeon(sp?)known to the rest of the free world as a chevy cavalier..

Close, Cimeron. And yes, they sucked. GM made money on those PsOS.

Cimarron.

Brad "Diva": 2004 Mazda 6s 5-door, Volcanic Red Rex: 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, Harbor Blue.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard