Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
#1441168 11/22/05 08:42 PM
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by MadMerc97:
Woaahhhhh! I leave for five minutes and the Mustang Second of all, the Viper is putting out quite a bit more horsepower than 505. Under the new SAE measuring system, it gained like 30 horses.

Um, it makes 510 SAE bhp. And for some reason, the Z06 which makes 505 SAE bhp made more actual horsepower on the dyno. Go figure? (check out Motor Trend this month)

The Ford fanboyism is killing me...

This is site where Ford enthusiasts come, so I would think you'd expect that. Besides, the Mustang looks 10x better.

1999 SVT, Tropic Green No mods yet www.cardomain.com/id/stadtsoldat
#1441169 11/22/05 09:06 PM
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Alright. So it is a Ford CONTOUR site. Not a Mustang Site. I think you guys need to take the oval out of your mouth and look at the facts a little bit. DCX has been saying they WILL make a Challenger for some time now. When is the only question. Plus, A pushrod engine is just as cheap, if not cheaper to mod than a DOHC V8. How many camshafts and valves/springs do you have to buy for a 5.4L Cobra? Compared to the 1 cam you have to buy for your typical OHV engine that is just senseless. Same goes for head work. There isn't a whole lot of space to work with there.

The 'Terminator' as you guys call it is a fast car, but look at it. How retarded can you get? It's fugly. Any one of them. Just pick a random one. I don't care.

I have that Motor Trend, and they say it was closer to 550 for the Viper and 530 for the Z06, around 600 for the GT.

Also, you guys seriously don't know my financial situation, so stuff it. I could be very rich and just driving around a Mercury to save money? Who knows? A good friend of mine has millions and drives a Jetta. Your car is NOT always an indicator of wealth. Maybe I choose to not waste money on cheap performance cars like you? Or maybe I just like to build them myself(which I do)? The fact is that you all need to stop talking about something you clearly don't understand.

I voice my opinion about Mustang, and I get yelled at. You guys don't like competition do you? Are you guys afraid of the new Challenger? Or did your egos just swell like ripe melons because the F-body took a leave? I would look for a new performance car to come in and set a new standard.

Anyway, since Dodges SRT-10 Ram already Owned the Lightning, I guess the Mustang is it's next target hmmm?

Oh wait? SVT doesn't make Lightnings anymore? What about Cobras? None of them either? Marauders? Nope. Foci? Nope. Contours? Nope. Then what does Ford have to be proud of? Answer me that.

J.T. 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 294ci V8. Custom CAI, headers on the way... 1997 Mercury Mystique Zetec ATX Deceased February 2006
#1441170 11/22/05 09:07 PM
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by Robsdaace:
nice!! id rock it

A Contour is not just a car, it's an experience 99 T-Red SE Zetec ATX Born April 16, 1999 98 E0 Silver Frost CSVT #3175/3565 Born August 21st, 1997 Stored at P.R.T. for the winter 67 Mustang 289 project car
#1441171 11/22/05 09:14 PM
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
+1

J.T. 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 294ci V8. Custom CAI, headers on the way... 1997 Mercury Mystique Zetec ATX Deceased February 2006
#1441172 11/22/05 09:24 PM
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
So i am a redneck and i have 9 second mustang sitting in my drive way, does that make me rich or poor??. Ur point, none cause it is what u own that counts not how much u have??. I would love to see ur challenger come to my house?? hell i'll leave the street tires on it for u!!! Talk about what u own and then compare. So far ford has shown reviews on the cobra test drives etc. All we have seen is pics of thsi challenger. woopie.

It hasn't even been decided. The shelby has been decided so has the adrenaline that is being released this coming 06. So chill out on the challenge cause there are no hopes of u buying 1 and coming over our houses and smoking what cars we own. That statement u made showed how much of a youngen u are!!

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
#1441173 11/22/05 09:51 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R

Anyway, since Dodges SRT-10 Ram already Owned the Lightning, I guess the Mustang is it's next target hmmm?

BWHAHAHAHAHAHA Now that was damn funny!

Let's get the facts straight. 500hp, 6spd, 45k+ truck. Typically runs high 13s with an average driver. Towing capacity 0lbs (Although the QuadCab SRT-10 does have a towing capacity due ot its automatic). Cost per mod EXPENSIVE AS HELL. Period.

99-04 Lightning. 360/380hp (year dependant), automatic. ~34k new. low-mid 13s. 5k lb towing capacity. run mid-low 12s with less than 1k in mods and 11s with a few more bucks.

The ONLY thing that the SRT-10 Ram 'owns' the Lightning in is top speed, hence its title as the 'Worlds Fastest Truck'. And that is it!

You are right, Ford doesn't make the Lightning any more. With a whole new truck line out in '05 they didn't. SVT has said its focused on the next gen Cobra.

Ram is still using a truck design from '94 and a 10+ year old engine.

And if you are 'rich' why do you have to 'save' money? I don't know many rich people that have to save money.

So please, remove your head from your ass before you make assanine comments.

Ryan Trollin!
#1441174 11/22/05 10:08 PM
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J

I voice my opinion about Mustang, and I get yelled at. You guys don't like competition do you?

No we just don't like the crazy comments that you make. Every time something about the Mustang comes up you go out of your way to cal it crap. The Challenger most likely will be in a different class more in line with the GTO judging by its 116in. wheelbase.

On to engines. You state that you would need more money to get camshafts and valve springs. Most S/C cars need a milder cam in the first place. Rarely do '03 Cobra owners put cams in their cars. They have the money do it but most find it unecessary in an S/C car.

Calling the Terminator fugly? Ah, not really. You may dislike it but rarely is it called ugly. No one is afraid of Mustang competitiors. The Mustang is always going to sell no matter if its slower or looks worse.

Also, SVT will be back. It is already known. By the time the Challenger gets to production in 2009 SVT should have plenty of cars to take SRT.

Justin 1999 Ford SVT Contour (T-Red) Cardomain site
#1441175 11/22/05 10:14 PM
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by JCSVT:

I voice my opinion about Mustang, and I get yelled at. You guys don't like competition do you?

No we just don't like the crazy comments that you make. Every time something about the Mustang comes up you go out of your way to cal it crap. The Challenger most likely will be in a different class more in line with the GTO judging by its 116in. wheelbase.

On to engines. You state that you would need more money to get camshafts and valve springs. Most S/C cars need a milder cam in the first place. Rarely do '03 Cobra owners put cams in their cars. They have the money do it but most find it unecessary in an S/C car.

Calling the Terminator fugly? Ah, not really. You may dislike it but rarely is it called ugly. No one is afraid of Mustang competitiors. The Mustang is always going to sell no matter if its slower or looks worse.

Also, SVT will be back. It is already known. By the time the Challenger gets to production in 2009 SVT should have plenty of cars to take SRT.

Actually, the Challenger is slated to reach showroom floors in April of '07, with production starting in March. It will debut at the '06 NAIAS with the new Camaro in January. Look out.

#1441176 11/22/05 10:18 PM
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
I think you guys need to take the oval out of your mouth and look at the facts a little bit.

Right after you remove your head from the Ram's ass!

DCX has been saying they WILL make a Challenger for some time now. When is the only question.

Exactly. Until they do, STFU

Plus, A pushrod engine is just as cheap, if not cheaper to mod than a DOHC V8. How many camshafts and valves/springs do you have to buy for a 5.4L Cobra? Compared to the 1 cam you have to buy for your typical OHV engine that is just senseless. Same goes for head work. There isn't a whole lot of space to work with there.

You really have NO CLUE what you're talking about. The stock heads/cams on the Terminators are already good for 700+whp. Cobra owners are putting a couple grand into bigger blowers, smaller pulleys and tunes and running deep into the 11's. Where's your pushrod motor on that one?

The 'Terminator' as you guys call it is a fast car, but look at it. How retarded can you get? It's fugly. Any one of them. Just pick a random one. I don't care.

Coming from a guy that talks up 87 Camaros and has white lettered tires on his Contour. Your taste is more redneck than Joe Dirt.

Also, you guys seriously don't know my financial situation, so stuff it. I could be very rich and just driving around a Mercury to save money?

I watched about 20 seconds of your video. You're maybe..... 17 years old? Yeah, I'd definitely take you for a rich kid. And please, don't tell me your parents are rich, because that argument sucks as bad as you do.

A good friend of mine has millions and drives a Jetta.

And the rainbow sticker on the back window looks FABULOUS on it.

I voice my opinion about Mustang, and I get yelled at. You guys don't like competition do you? Are you guys afraid of the new Challenger? Or did your egos just swell like ripe melons because the F-body took a leave?

People love competition. It's people that run their mouths about technical information that they know nothing about that piss us off.

Yeah it's got a Viper engine so it must be fast. Ryan already summed it up nicely, the Lightning showed the SRT-10 who it's daddy is.

Oh wait? SVT doesn't make Lightnings anymore? What about Cobras? None of them either? Marauders? Nope. Foci? Nope. Contours? Nope. Then what does Ford have to be proud of? Answer me that.

Lightnings and Cobras? Those are F-150's and Mustangs sent off to SVT. They didn't remove those 2 lines of vehicles. But I guess GM and DC aren't in the same category since they've never killed production on any of their vehicles, right?

You suck at facts.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
#1441177 11/22/05 11:39 PM
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Actually, the Challenger is slated to reach showroom floors in April of '07, with production starting in March. It will debut at the '06 NAIAS with the new Camaro in January. Look out.

You're not too bright. The Camaro is DEAD. And your numbers on the z06/viper/GT from that article are way off, there is no way you really read it. The Viper made less hp on the dyno than the GT or z06. Are you blind? Or illiterate? It is right there, in the issue.

You're not good at arguing, since you don't use facts, you just make up crap.

And shouldn't you be driving a Stratus or some BS like that?

1999 SVT, Tropic Green No mods yet www.cardomain.com/id/stadtsoldat
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard