Next Thread
Print Thread
P
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
P
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Contour
Encyclopedia article I found. It mentions that the Mystique is sometimes called the "Mercury Mistake" and the Contour the "Ford Detour". It mentions CEG too.It also mentions why possibly the Contour was unsuccessful.

'98 Contour Pacific Green(Modded) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/676416 FS:'98-00 Contour front bumper.Brand new unused (Non-SVT)
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I'm a big fan of Wikipedia ... too bad it's not always reliable.

As for problems ... they mentioned headlight hazing but forgot major mechanical ones like waterpumps, alternators, the CD4E transmission .. ?!

I'd edit that part but I'm being lazy right now.

E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by PacificTourGL:
It mentions CEG too

"Ford Contour Enthusiast Group: Non-profit organization with information on the origins of the platform, as well as specifications, model-specific details, and information targeted at owners of the vehicle. "

I think it's cool. We are the go to site for all info about the car.

~Eric

2000 CSVT Silver Frost: #942 of 2150 HID Projectors and Fog Light Mod, Optomized TB, MSDS headers 2003 Silverstone Z
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by epattonm:
Originally posted by PacificTourGL:
It mentions CEG too

"Ford Contour Enthusiast Group: Non-profit organization with information on the origins of the platform, as well as specifications, model-specific details, and information targeted at owners of the vehicle. "

I think it's cool. We are the go to site for all info about the car.

~Eric

Got to love it! CEG!!!!!!!!!!

"Do what you like, Because you have to drive it!"-Me 99 Contour LX 95 Mustang GT Convertible 97 Z24 Cavalier
W
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
W
Found something cool about the Mondeo...
Originally posted by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Mondeo:
Ford briefly sold a version using the 2.0 Zetec engine and four wheel drive. The timing was not ideal though as four wheel drive had already become synonymous with large off-roader vehicles such as the Land Rover Discovery and the bottom dropped out of the saloon 4x4 market.

Well snow is coming!!! Can't wait to do some snowboard...
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by 98 SE:

As for problems ... they mentioned headlight hazing but forgot major mechanical ones like waterpumps, alternators, the CD4E transmission .. ?!

Not to mention the high suicide rate of zetec timing belt pulleys -- a major issue for owners to be aware of.

. . . Two zetec Contours, two blown head gaskets... for some reason I have a Japanese car now. anybody in California want a Diehard Gold 100 month battery? inquire by PM.
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W

You either missed it or someone edited it in (like you maybe?)

The Contour (particuraly later models) had problems with the plastic lens on the headlight assemblies. In some instances, the clear lens of the headlight assembly would develop micro-cracks and would fog and opaque over time. The end result would be diminished headlight brightness, requiring replacement of the assembly. The exact cause of this is unknown, but UV damage to the plastic may be a factor.

waterpumps, alternators, the CD4E transmission

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
No, I didn't edit anything in there.

Secondly .. I don't see the 'edit' of which you speak ... I only see headlight issues, but nothing else

EDIT: never mind had to reload the page. Someone put that in there, probably based off my post. Wasn't me .. I wouldn't have ever left anything that vague.

Last edited by 98 SE; 11/16/05 01:25 AM.
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by wa2tuff:
The exact cause of this is unknown, but UV damage to the plastic may be a factor.

From what I've read, the plastic has a UV protectant coating, which wears off with age and road debris. Makes sense considering they stay clear for several years, but then once they go you have to polish them every couple months to keep them that way.

'99 Contour Sport V6 MTX

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard