Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Many CEG'ers seem to have overheating on the Zetec. What is the temperature yours runs at? Or when does the cooling fan trip itself (example: my Duratec does it a M on temp gauge.)

W
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
W
Mine was at "A" all the time.

Well snow is coming!!! Can't wait to do some snowboard...
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
between 1/4 and 1/2 like reading a gas gauge. you guys right there runs too hot. make sure you fill your coolan container 1/2 inch above max.

1999 Ford Contour SE Zetec with 137k miles. AIM Name: ContourAlf Yahoo IM: Contour_Freak
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
duratecs runs really steady at "O" or about 1/4 like a fuel gauge

my zetec use to run at "M" or just under now it runs just over "M", will hit "L" in stop and go traffic

fan kicks in when it gets just above "L" or 212 F if you have OBDII and can scan that

but basically if your car doesn't show signs of over heating and the fans work correctly you have nothing to worry about, please search here and the zetec forums as this has been covered way to many times and you will get the same answers ....

remember the temp guage is not calibrated to a persice number for the needle location so it can vary from vehicle to vehicle it is calibrated to show in general where the temp is and to warn you if it gets to high

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Zetecs certainly are capable of overheating, though. Mine did while climbing toward Yosemite (and I didn't take Old Priest Grade either), and this is one where the auto fan thermostat was broken so the fan was on full speed all the time unless you manually shut it off.

. . . Two zetec Contours, two blown head gaskets... for some reason I have a Japanese car now. anybody in California want a Diehard Gold 100 month battery? inquire by PM.
C
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
C
Mine has gone past halfway only once, when the sensor died. Otherwise, it stays just short of halfway up in any weather.

-Ken V. 1998.5 SE Praire Tan Zetec ATX psycho_bass@hotmail.com Roush springs Roush rear sway bar BAT struts 17" Millie Miglia HT3 and a ton of subtle asthetic mods

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard