Print Thread
#1435969 11/15/05 12:20 AM
R
ronin45 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
i just have some quick questions. well, first off my settings got screwed up by the retarded mechanics who decided to play with my apexi unit the other day stupid freakin' retards!!! so now i just noticed on the car ride home that when i'm in first and accelerating slowly that the car seems to lose power all of a sudden around 2.5k rpms and then bam surges with power. the only reason i think it's the apexi unit is cuz is was on the settings display when i turned the car on. i just bought the car a couple of months ago and haven't fooled with it yet so i was wondering if resetting the unit will negate all the settings and leave it back to oem settings. then, i can either go get it professionally tuned or find out more about it first before i go mess up my engine than those jack*sses already did. i'm trying to read up as much as i can since i came back but i'd just like to be able to drive my car without having to worry about it right now so if resetting it takes all the tuning out then i'd rather have it untuned for now and tune it later thanks for any input.

#1435970 11/15/05 01:38 AM
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Most of the time when you tune, it's only for high throttle operation or WOT. I guess it depends on how the person before you tuned it though.If you want to be safe, just zero everything out and it will be fine. Just don't disconnect the wiring because then your car won't run because it will lose its MAF signal. Make sure to zero out high throttle and low throttle settigns if they are present.

** Mike ** "You might beat me in a straight line, but I'll embarass you in the turns"
#1435971 11/15/05 01:45 PM
R
ronin45 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
thanks for the response mike. i think i figured it out though. i was going through the settings and noticed that it was at -48% at 2200 rpms so that would explain my car feeling like it just completely died. i just set that back up to zero and everything is ok again.

#1435972 11/16/05 02:02 AM
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by ronin45:
thanks for the response mike. i think i figured it out though. i was going through the settings and noticed that it was at -48% at 2200 rpms so that would explain my car feeling like it just completely died. i just set that back up to zero and everything is ok again.

Wow. Yeah I'd say that might have some thing to do with it. When you do get around to tuning it, I'd only worry about tuning the high throttle like I said before. Really the only time you need an adjustment is when you're getting on it. I think my high throttle is set at 65-75% if that gives you a starting point. Glad I could help.

** Mike ** "You might beat me in a straight line, but I'll embarass you in the turns"

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard