Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
salmon Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
today after start the engine for about 10 minutes when i was waiting for a red light,the check engine light was on.i pulled over immediately,but nothing i can tell wrong.i drove to the dealer about 30km's away.the engineer checked the error code,but can not tell the problem.then he cleared the error code and told me if the light on again later,go see him.i hope it is not a problem,maybe just activate the light by accident.

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Did you have to pay them to check the code? It might be good to try Mister Transmission (they advertize free scanning) or buy a code reader next time. Posting the code will help us and you diagnose it better.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
S
salmon Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
is there any mister transmission in vancouver?or how much for a code reader and where can i get it?
yesterday the check engine light was back again.i went to the repairman and saw there were 3 error code like HAXXX something.the man told me it seems not serious problem but he still need 2-3 hours to diagnose.so i will go to see him again next week and leave the car to him.the wierd thing is when i was on my way home,i heard the engine noise a little bit loud and then the light was gone.how could this happen?does that mean maybe it is only a electronic circuit problem like shortcut accidently?

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Locations for Mister Transmission. Call to confirm the free CEL code check.
http://www.mistertransmission.com/dealer_locations/dealer_locations.asp

WalMart, KMart, Target, Sears, auto specialty stores, some auto repair shops sell the Code Scanners for $50 and up.

S
salmon Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
the check engine light just on and off couple times and bothering me so much.the technician told me the error code are:P0171 and P0174.he said it means the computer thought some times there were too much gas got into engine.maybe the sensor is down.they need long time to find what happened.....

#1434548 12/07/05 02:12 AM
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by salmon:
the check engine light just on and off couple times and bothering me so much.the technician told me the error code are:P0171 and P0174.he said it means the computer thought some times there were too much gas got into engine.maybe the sensor is down.they need long time to find what happened.....

Most of the time, this set of codes is caused by a vacuum leak. Check for a hissing sound in the engine bay. Or use the carb cleaner spray method (spray in the suspected areas and if the engine idle increases or decreases, that would probably be the leak). Check loose hose clamps for rubber hoses and check for broken or cracked hose lines too.

From TSB.
P0174 - System Too Lean (Bank 2-Radiator side)
P0171 - System Too Lean (Bank 1-Firewall side)
The Adaptive Fuel Strategy continuously monitors fuel delivery hardware. The code is set when the adaptive fuel tables reach a rich calibrated limit.

Fuel System:
�· Contaminated fuel injectors
�· Low fuel pressure or running out of fuel (fuel pump, filter, fuel supply line restrictions)
�· Vapor recovery system (VMV)

Induction System:
�· MAF contamination
�· Air leaks between the MAF and throttle body
�· Vacuum leaks
�· PCV system concern
�· Improperly seated engine oil dipstick

EGR System:
�· Leaking gasket
�· Stuck EGR valve
�· Leaking diaphragm or EVR

Base Engine:
�· Exhaust leaks before or near the HO2S
�· Secondary air concern

Powertrain Control System:
�· PCM concern

#1434549 12/07/05 06:29 AM
S
salmon Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
thanks a lot.seems not a serious problem but hard to find it.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard