Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
I believe i finally lost the clutch after 210,000 miles. Left a stop light last night from first gear, took off for about twenty feet, and POW!!!. It flopped in nuetral and wouldnt go anywhere. That sucks!!! well i found some tranny fluid under the car apparently coming from the seal where the trans bolts to the engine.I really hope that it isn't the tranny thats bad. Just wondering if anyone else has gone this far with a clutch before? Only other car I had that went that far was my Grand Am four-banger.

95SE tour MTX Silver/champagne custom dual side exhaust 16" ALT180's Wrapped in BFG COMP TA's 215/50 VR4 16.0 @ 91mph before wheels and exhaust mods.
A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
I dont want to alarm you... But a clutch doesnt do that when it dies (to my knowledge)... I think your differential just died buddy...

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
I dont want to alarm you... But a clutch doesnt do that when it dies (to my knowledge)... I think your differential just died buddy...

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
a broken nose cone, or springs would do that.

but.. yeah.. possibility of not being your clutch is still good.

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
sssshhhh!!!! I understand that it could be a few different things, but I'm thinking positively. So I'm waiting for the Dr. to call and give me the news. I don't do any major trans work, so I'll leave it to the pros. The only problems that I had prior tho this was that the car would "buck" or "surge" just after take off in first gear, or just before the secondaries would kick in. I was originally thinking it was a possible dirty intake issue ( because of a little blow by ).

95SE tour MTX Silver/champagne custom dual side exhaust 16" ALT180's Wrapped in BFG COMP TA's 215/50 VR4 16.0 @ 91mph before wheels and exhaust mods.

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard