Print Thread
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Well....finally scraped together enough coin for a cheap(!) car:
1993 Chevy Lumina

Yeah, not very "sexy", but it is in very good shape, the car was sold to me by a friend of my parents (he's 71) who wanted to "upgrade" to an Impala The car has 100K on it, and, the only issue I've had is the &^$%&^$ CEL came on the first day I had it and then went off....now I know why I hated Chevy's The VERY cool thing(s) about this car is that the insurance costs me almost NOTHING(compared to the SVT)!! I'm paying 500$ for the whole year!!! And, it runs on regular Unleaded!!WHoo-Hoo!!!!!

3.1L V-6, 4 speed auto, with all power accesories, for 1000$!!! Not bad...except for the whitewalls(well, at least they are new)

My wife saw the pained look on my face when she realized what I was "giving up" to get a good deal on a mediocre car, and said "Hon, just save some coin and get something nice next year" I'm thinking 5.0L Mustang

A1C Hodges, Christopher Active Duty USAF Sheppard AFB Texas;Westover ARB Chicopee, MA NECEG "Troll" formerly owned 2000 SVT Contour, with all kinds of goodies;)
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Congrats ... a much more sensible (if it can't be fun) car, particularly for you right now ... hopefully something that won't need tons of repairs. I knew several people with Luminas and they tended to be decent cars.

F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
your attitude during your times of hardship is really inspiring.
big congrats to you.

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
We had a 94 Lumina Euro with the V6. That's not a bad little car there. Very tight steering and decent acceration. The turning radius sucked though. We never had any problems other than the Alternator.

Good luck.

- Zack WANTED: T-Red HEATED Side Mirrors FOR SALE: 4 14" Alum Alloys and Nearly New Avid H4s Tires w/ Center Caps 2000 T-Red SVT 1995 LX V6 MTX (RIP)
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Yeah, the only thing is, I have no clue how to work on a vehicle with a MAP sensor!! Also, most of the emissions controls are under the intake manifold. It has obviously been sitting for awhile, so I'm afraid I'll be tracking down vacuum leaks, etc. for awhile.

Thanks Kim!! Sometimes, it's hard to smile

A1C Hodges, Christopher Active Duty USAF Sheppard AFB Texas;Westover ARB Chicopee, MA NECEG "Troll" formerly owned 2000 SVT Contour, with all kinds of goodies;)

Moderated by  baco99, frenchblueC2_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard