Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
U
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
U
oh no you didnt go there... mustang 2's were made during the gas/ emssions crunch, no car from that era has power even vettes... that is a fact. any way 03-04 cobras have a irs and handle quite well...also im sure it would be quite easy to get a funny car sideways, they do it all the time before thay crash... and the 351c thing is whack, a stroker 351w would destroy a 351c no problem and save weight because its a small block...any way maybe gm will catch up with the rest of the world and stop using pushrod technology form the dark ages and do somthing differnt to make power, and chrissvt ill post some pics of my car for ya, i know you like cobras...lol

2003 Cobra - not stock... 496/525 rwhp/rwtq Kenne Bell here and waiting to go on... 2000 SVT Contour - Very stock...not for long
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
trust me i don't need a lesson from you as to when fox bodies first came out...i am quite aware that they were made from 79-93,as i've been into the mustang scene since '89 when i got my '88 gt,and have owned several of them over the years.....but YOU are the only one that thinks they are not late models....everyone else in the world considers them late models,that's just a fact....like i said at the car show,which is put on by the mustang club of america,they call them late models

how is saying f-bodies aren't made anymore lame????it is a fact....sorry that you beloved cars were nothing more than a good engine in a pos car,but facts are facts,and they aren't made anymore....and if you really want to bring up mustang II's,ok,but let's not forget that the camaro's of that same time frame weren't anything special either...they were boats with heavily underpowered engines...everything made in the mid to late seventies was underpowered,heck even the corvette's only made about 150 hp during that time

i wasn't saying that the windsor was a better motor in general than the cleveland.....but for a foxbody or any other LATE MODEL mustang,yes they are better...there are a ton of aftermarket parts for the windsor engines , specifically made for the mustang chasis...you could build a windsor and a cleveland for a mustang,and i guarantee you that the windsor would make just as much hp for alot less $$$....you do realize that there is a 351 windsor motor as well as a 351c...the 351w shares almost all parts interchangeability with a 302/289 etc...the cleveland is different and the parts are not the same..as i've said countless times in this thread is that it would be better,and more cost effective to build a 351w than a 351c for a late model mustang...

and you do realize when i say f/i i am reffrering to forced induction,which means turbo's,blowers etc....i was not reffering to funny cars i have no clue where you got that from...nor was i reffering to handling what does handling have to do with whether a motor is f/i or n/a?????and drifting certainly has absolutely nothing to do with this conversation what i mean is take 2 of the same motors say a 351w for example.....now build 1 with high compression,huge cam etc. for n/a setup.....now take the other with normal compression,etc. for a f/i setup....now you tell me which will be more streetable????tthe f/i will basically run like normal and still offer all the performance of the n/a setup...

and what is with all this ricer "tuner car" talk...an '03-'04 cobra is merely a high hp factory muscle car that just so happens to have a blower on it.....it is no different than say an evo,sti,srt-4 etc....they all rely on turbo's to make their power,just as the cobra uses a s/c to make its power....it still makes good power,and personally i love to hear that blower whine as well....and just because you happen to not like the cobra's so what,they are still very cheap and easy to mod,with simple bolt on parts they can make almost 500 hp to the wheels,how can you not love that in a car????there will always be "other alternatives"to ANY car,but that does not take anything away from the cobra's....

new,new ride! '99 svt black/mnb '95 mustang gt sold! '98 svt #800 sold!
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by ugotbit:
any way maybe gm will catch up with the rest of the world and stop using pushrod technology form the dark ages and do somthing differnt to make power

Why would GM ever go to OHC? I know of some people who are still mad that Ford went to the modular design. The LSx is smaller, lighter, more efficient, and more powerful in N/A form than the MOD motors.

Justin 1999 Ford SVT Contour (T-Red) Cardomain site
U
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
U
yes in na form that is one hell of a engine...thats no doubt, but sometimes you need to think outside the box... most of the high end excotics are ohc... but i think the s/c 4v mod engines realy shine when used with forced induction, 4 valves per cylinder helps get air in and out in a hurry, witch is a big deal in s/c applications... sure the eariler mod motors were nothing to brag about but they can only get better from here...

2003 Cobra - not stock... 496/525 rwhp/rwtq Kenne Bell here and waiting to go on... 2000 SVT Contour - Very stock...not for long
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by ugotbit:
yes in na form that is one hell of a engine...thats no doubt, but sometimes you need to think outside the box... most of the high end excotics are ohc... but i think the s/c 4v mod engines realy shine when used with forced induction, 4 valves per cylinder helps get air in and out in a hurry, witch is a big deal in s/c applications... sure the eariler mod motors were nothing to brag about but they can only get better from here...

Yes most of the exotics are OHC because of their tednecy to be high-revving, top end oriented motors. But there is no one who does pushrods better than GM. DOHC mtors have been used in performance GM cars. They have the Northstar motor but GM won't use them extensively because they cost too much. GM has to build to different price point otherwise it will end up making a car like the Corvette ZR-1 which was much too expensive. The LT5 was a 5.7L DOHC motor that was very powerful but too wide and too heavy.

I do agree that the MOD motors respond very well to forced induction.

Justin 1999 Ford SVT Contour (T-Red) Cardomain site
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
The ONLY reason the ZR-1 5.7L was a quad-cam was because Lotus designed it, not GM. I was just joking about the funny car thing by the way. GM makes one hellova OHV engine. Not all exotica have OHC engines. The Dodge Viper has a 20-valve OHV V10. Chrysler has traditionally made high-performance OHV engines. One word: HEMI.

And about that late model thing. I know the competitions you probably went to say fox-bodies are late models, but when was the last time the Aries K was considered one? That car was built many years after the Fox-body began it's run, and it is most definitely not considered a late model. That competition probably only considered the fox-bodies as such due to the final production year. Put that way, what I mean to say is not ALL Fox-bodies are late models. a '93, maybe, but not a '79. Does that make more since to you?

J.T. 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 294ci V8. Custom CAI, headers on the way... 1997 Mercury Mystique Zetec ATX Deceased February 2006
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
jesus,i'm not going to keep arguing with you about whether foxes are late model or not....no what you're saying doesn't make any "sEnse".............contrary to what you might think,fox body mustangs have always and are still considered late model mustangs to pretty much anybody that knows anything in the automotive world...YOU are the only one that wants to think of them as not late models...the car showS that i attend including some of the larger shows in the country,and they ALL call foxes LATE MODEL mustangs...that's just a fact,i'm sorry if you cannot comprehend that.....

and just to prove a point here's a link to a mustang part supplier...and guess what their name is " "LATE MODEL RESTORATION"

and guess what they sell parts for foxes 79-93.....

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/lrs.aspx?ref=mu&gotopage=/content_50_home.aspx

new,new ride! '99 svt black/mnb '95 mustang gt sold! '98 svt #800 sold!
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
You guys are going off topic! Is the Contour worth modding or not? NO!

For me, it is definitely not worth it! Once I get a job, I'm selling my Contour! I'm looking for a better car. Which is (at least for me) any car other than a Contour (for me, anything but a Ford ).

I find no problems with the GM F-Body. But, I do see a problem with the naturally aspirated V8 in the Mustang putting less power than a GM LS-1, no less an LS2 or LS6.

Is my car for sale? PM me if you're in South FL.
Originally posted by XKontour98:
Haha that's awesome! Go GM!

YES, SIR!!! General Aviation is Looking good right now...http://www.beapilot.com
M
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by gilroynewball:
You guys are going off topic! Is the Contour worth modding or not? NO!

For me, it is definitely not worth it! Once I get a job, I'm selling my Contour! I'm looking for a better car. Which is (at least for me) any car other than a Contour (for me, anything but a Ford ).

I find no problems with the GM F-Body. But, I do see a problem with the naturally aspirated V8 in the Mustang putting less power than a GM LS-1, no less an LS2 or LS6.

Trust me, the LS1s (maros and t/a) make great power undeniably, but you will hate the build quality and ergonomics. That reason alone was enough for me to purchase my Mustang with less power. The stang also looks a great bit better but that's subjective to taste.

The more I drove the f bodies the more I hated them. Passengers in the front seat really seem to hate the huge hump in the middle of the floorboard as well, not that their opinion matters . Now the vettes are built a little better but are rattle traps also. As a former GM employee, I would never buy one of the previous gen ls1, ls6 cars. The Mustang ain't nowhere near perfect but it's def a step above the gm quality.

The GTO is built pretty good but it's not fair to call it a GTO. The car is nice but the car styling is just too 1990s (boring). It should have been called the next gen Grand Prix coupe with a RWD sedan to match.

2000 SE Sport Duratec MTX SVT Exhaust 2002 Mustang GT A few mods
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
You are telling me that this

Looks better than this?

J.T. 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 294ci V8. Custom CAI, headers on the way... 1997 Mercury Mystique Zetec ATX Deceased February 2006
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard