Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
This one kinda hits home for me, but did anyone watch the Va Tech vs. Miami game Saturday? Wonder how much it costs to pay a quarterback like vick to throw such an important game. But no, really, he sucked big time on Saturday and it definitely helped Tech out of their possible #1 shot.

Rishodi, you're from Blacksburg...go help em out some.

2000 Contour SVT Silver Frost #422 of 2150 - Nov. 18, 1999 1999 Mustang GT Black "Tell the Snap-On guy I went to lunch."
K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
I watched it, game went nothing like I thought it was going to. Too bad I was kinda hoping Va Tech would leap frog Texas, just guess they weren't as good as I thought.

Kip 98 CSVT Black/Midnight Blue
D
I feel Guilty, Oh so guilty
I feel Guilty, Oh so guilty
D
Originally posted by kipsvt98:
I watched it, game went nothing like I thought it was going to. Too bad I was kinda hoping Va Tech would leap frog Texas, just guess they weren't as good as I thought.

Weren't they far enough behind that even with a convincing win, they couldn't pass Texas?

"If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit" -Mitch Hedberg
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by Perma Ban Todras 04:
Weren't they far enough behind that even with a convincing win, they couldn't pass Texas?

God bless the beloved BCS

<---disgruntled Auburn fan.

-- 1999 SVT #220 -- In retrospect, it was all downhill from here. RIP, CEG.
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by ââ??â??unbantodrasââ??Âş:
God bless the beloved BCS

<---disgruntled Auburn fan.

Yeah, college football is a joke. The only reason Auburn didn't get into the national championship game last year is because they were ranked lower than OU in the preseason polls (ie they weren't hyped as much). So in effect the national championship game was determined before the season even began. And it's quite possible the same thing happens this year, though it's a little clearer that Texas and USC are the best teams in the country. But still, it's pretty pathetic if a team can win all its games and not even play for the championship. A 4 or 6-team playoff is needed.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by Davo:
A 4 or 6-team playoff is needed.

I agree!

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Well first of all, you the "U" is one the best teams in the nation! With that #1 defense, we are practically unstopable...Yea, offense wins games, but defense wins championships!

Second of all, Auburn's squad last year barely beat VT and should have lost...Yes, they did win and were undefeated, however, they would have ended up just like Oklahoma, a BLOWOUT...

Last, yea the BCS is flawed, however playoffs run into exam schedules not just for the athletes but for the entire school...I am huge football fan, don't get me wrong, however I am also a college administrator, and catch me if I'm wrong, but students need to pass exams in order to graduate...Not only that, but schools need high GPA's to keep up it's reputation...You think ALL students go to school for football? Think again...it's all just publicity...

And by the way: C-A-N-E-S, GO CANES!!!

2000 Mercury Mystique aka The KnightRider http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2169292
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by reyesy13:
Second of all, Auburn's squad last year barely beat VT and should have lost...Yes, they did win and were undefeated, however, they would have ended up just like Oklahoma, a BLOWOUT...

You do NOT want to go here. AU *barely* beat VT?? Should have lost??? Please. What game were you watching? AU attempted it's last pass of the game with over 12 minutes remaining. For almost the ENTIRE 4th quarter AU either ran the football or punted. Yeah, that really sounds like a team worried about losing.

R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
The game was 16-13...if that's not a close game, than something must be wrong with me...
Straight from the NCAA: http://www.ncaafootball.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=17&url_article_id=5472&url_subchannel_id=&change_well_id=2

You will find this very interesting because that's exactly what AU did: Lived on a Prayer, and they even knew it...
A 3 point victory is not convincing to be a National Champion when a #1 seed dominates a #2...They would have been manhandled as well...
I just hope AU will step it up when they play Bama...if they don't win that game, I might lose ALL respect for your squad...

2000 Mercury Mystique aka The KnightRider http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2169292
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by reyesy13:
The game was 16-13...if that's not a close game, than something must be wrong with me...
Straight from the NCAA: http://www.ncaafootball.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=17&url_article_id=5472&url_subchannel_id=&change_well_id=2

You will find this very interesting because that's exactly what AU did: Lived on a Prayer, and they even knew it...
A 3 point victory is not convincing to be a National Champion when a #1 seed dominates a #2...They would have been manhandled as well...

Ok, now I understand the type of person I'm talking to--someone who categorizes a game based on a press release. You'd be perfect for doing rankings. Get a clue bud; read the stats, watch the games.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard