Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#1428332 11/03/05 03:43 PM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Have you guys seen the emails??? He was more concerned about what he was wearing than the general welfare of the Katrina victims! I am absolutely disgusted. Here are some excerpts:
In an e-mail he sent the morning of the hurricane to Cindy Taylor, FEMA's deputy director of public affairs, Brown wrote, "Can I quit now? Can I come home?" A few days later, Brown wrote to an acquaintance, "I'm trapped now, please rescue me."
Melancon said that on August 26, just days before Katrina made landfall, Brown e-mailed his press secretary, Sharon Worthy, about his attire, asking: "Tie or not for tonight? Button down blue shirt?"

A few days later, Worthy advised Brown: "Please roll up the sleeves of your shirt all shirts. Even the President rolled his sleeves to just below the elbow. In this [crisis] and on TV you just need to look more hard-working."

On August 29, the day of the storm, Brown exchanged e-mails about his attire with Taylor, Melancon said. She told him, "You look fabulous," and Brown replied, "I got it at Nordstroms. ... Are you proud of me?"

An hour later, Brown added: "If you'll look at my lovely FEMA attire, you'll really vomit. I am a fashion god," according to the congressman.

It's on cnn.com, link to brown emails

GOD, I can't believe this dip sh$t was responsible for so many lives, thank god he was replaced. . .I dunno, I'm pretty bipartisan on these boards, but I mean come on, why does Bush have the absolute worst taste in nominating people to positions that affect all of us (Miers, Brown, etc. . .)???!!!

Suneil

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
I don't really think that is the worst that he did. I mean, that is just typical political PR...you have to always dress a certain way. He f'd up BIG TIME, but I don't see how what you are getting at has any bearing on his performance.

As far as Bush appointing idiots...he seems to choose his closest friends....

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by ssmumich00:
GOD, I can't believe this dip sh$t was responsible for so many lives, thank god he was replaced. . .I dunno, I'm pretty bipartisan on these boards, but I mean come on, why does Bush have the absolute worst taste in nominating people to positions that affect all of us (Miers, Brown, etc. . .)???!!!
Suneil

Please continue with 'etc.' there. Though I agree with your two examples there, I'd like to hear who else you think is so terrible.

And another question: Do you think Brown is directly responsible for any deaths?

S
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Davo-
I can't think of anymore off the top of my head, I might've gotten carried away with the etc, but those are the two of recent that have come to mind. . .

I don't think Brown is DIRECTLY responsible for the deaths, I think his lackidasical attitude towards mobilizing the resources necessary to amerliorate a clearly horrible situation could've been handled with far more acumen, and it would've minimized the suffering 1000-fold had he done so. . . .possibly even the number of deaths as well. . .
in so far as the Bush croniyism issues go, I don't know if you guys have read In Praise of Nepotism by Adam Bellow, but it's rife in ANY political arena, and it USUALLY works to the voters benefit, but when the vast majority of your cronies are intellectual rejects, we end up getting the short end. . .

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by ssmumich00:
Davo-
I can't think of anymore off the top of my head, I might've gotten carried away with the etc, but those are the two of recent that have come to mind. . .

I don't think Brown is DIRECTLY responsible for the deaths, I think his lackidasical attitude towards mobilizing the resources necessary to amerliorate a clearly horrible situation could've been handled with far more acumen, and it would've minimized the suffering 1000-fold had he done so. . . .possibly even the number of deaths as well. . .
in so far as the Bush croniyism issues go, I don't know if you guys have read In Praise of Nepotism by Adam Bellow, but it's rife in ANY political arena, and it USUALLY works to the voters benefit, but when the vast majority of your cronies are intellectual rejects, we end up getting the short end. . .

Too true. There are two kinds of rich kids: the ones that strive to follow in their fathers footsteps with hard work and then the ones like W that just get the silver spoon, do drugs, have fun, and could care less about wtf they do with their lives.

Personally I think he used religion simply for the vote, I have a hard time believing that Bush actually believes in what he preaches. We are supposed to have separation of church and state yet we have Bush's religious agenda affecting so many decisions! Sorry for the off topic rant.

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoĆ¢ā??Ā¢:
Too true. There are two kinds of rich kids: the ones that strive to follow in their fathers footsteps with hard work and then the ones like W that just get the silver spoon, do drugs, have fun, and could care less about wtf they do with their lives.

And yet this guy with the silver spoon just laid back got elected President of the United States twice. Yeah...

Personally I think he used religion simply for the vote, I have a hard time believing that Bush actually believes in what he preaches. We are supposed to have separation of church and state yet we have Bush's religious agenda affecting so many decisions! Sorry for the off topic rant.

If he just used religion for the vote, then why is the left so afraid of his religious views? And how do you expect someone to make decisions absent of their personal views, such as you're suggesting Bush do? I think by bringing up the "separation of church and state" nonsense you mean you think Bush should govern against religion. And if you think Bush's governing practices are unconstitutional, please describe how.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Davo:

And another question: Do you think Brown is directly responsible for any deaths?

No, Hallibruton is. They developed Katrina to knock out the levees so they could get some more $$$. and since Cheney has ties to Halliburtan the Bush Administration is directly responsible...

Ryan Trollin!
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M

And yet this guy with the silver spoon just laid back got elected President of the United States twice. Yeah...

If he just used religion for the vote, then why is the left so afraid of his religious views? And how do you expect someone to make decisions absent of their personal views, such as you're suggesting Bush do? I think by bringing up the "separation of church and state" nonsense you mean you think Bush should govern against religion. And if you think Bush's governing practices are unconstitutional, please describe how.

Yes I think W had a silver spoon in his mouth the entire time.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R

Lets get a Musliim in office and see how religon affects you then

Since he won a re-election, I think that the majority of the country likes Bushs' views...

Ryan Trollin!
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by RTStabler51:

Lets get a Musliim in office and see how religon affects you then

Since he won a re-election, I think that the majority of the country likes Bushs' views...

Did I say I wanted an EFFIN muslim!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard