Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by Big Jim:
Even under the best of conditions, some of the chemical will wash past the rings and into the oil supply. Most any oil in even reasonable condition can easily handle the contamination. It's just not that big of a deal. If you are going to be changing the oil anyway, do it after the treatment. If not, don't worry about it.

Berrymans is also used to clean the engine by adding it to the oil (according to instructions on the can), so it won't be terribly damaging for short durations. The few times my UIM/LIM cleaning was done, I added 1/2 a can in my oil & ran the car for an hour or so then performed the oil change. Amazing how sparkly clean it gets in there.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
C
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
C
Does anybody have tips on taking out the vacuum ports? It is just referenced in the how to as remove, like they just come right off. I have tried several times though, and they just dont want to come out. I have pried to the point i was sure they were going to break and no luck.

Any tips would be appreciated.

I don't post in here much, but I will try to update my profile soon. Got new rims since last time. (replaced Mille Miglias W/ Konig Theories)

By the way, all 4 of my Mille Miglias bent, I would not recommend their wheels from my exprience.

BAT kit install with new LCA's on Tuesday! Can't wait!

Last edited by csl72; 11/05/05 04:43 PM.

Craig- 99 SVT Contour Tropic Green/Prairie Tan K&N Drop in Air Filter "knauberized" doors 17" Konig Theories - silver 215/45/17 Pirelli PZero Nero M&S BAT Kit
C
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
C
nevermind. I went back out the the garage and they came right off this time. Must not have been holding my mouth right!

Craig- 99 SVT Contour Tropic Green/Prairie Tan K&N Drop in Air Filter "knauberized" doors 17" Konig Theories - silver 215/45/17 Pirelli PZero Nero M&S BAT Kit
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
the 2 on top of the UIM are a "hold the outer ring down, slide the tube out" kind of thing..

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by MisterMan:
the 2 on top of the UIM are a "hold the outer ring down, slide the tube out" kind of thing..

MisterMan?

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
C
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
C
Yeah, I got the tubes out easily this time, not sure why it was such a PTA before!

Thanks

C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Which vacuum ports are you guys talking about? Are they the ones directly behind the throttle body that are made of plastic and neck out away from the intake and towards the firewall? Also where is the best place to pick up this awesome B-12 cleaner everyone is talking about. Thanks.

-Mike 98 Contour SVT Toreador Red #49 of 6535 Built on 3/25/97 WR Headers, Borla Cat-Back, Torsen T2 LSD, K&N Short Ram, S-AFC and Focus Shift Tower 85 Camaro 1969 358ci, 97 TA interior, 91 Z28 GrdEfx and Aero Wing 255rwhp
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by SHOTIME2669:
Which vacuum ports are you guys talking about? Are they the ones directly behind the throttle body that are made of plastic and neck out away from the intake and towards the firewall? Also where is the best place to pick up this awesome B-12 cleaner everyone is talking about. Thanks.

Yes, those are the ports. I got the B-12 at Wal-Mart but saw it at Advanced Auto Parts too (more expensive)

~Ryan 1999 T-Red SVT Contour 41k Miles #1701 / 2760 B&M, Custom Y-Pipe, Alpine HU, Pioneer 6x8's & 6x9's
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
I've got a question while we are on this topic. How does inducing this cleaner into the intake tract clean the secondaries? I mean, you're idling, so they are closed, and don't have vacumn on them, so they arn't going to pull much if any cleaner down the seconddaries, right? Do you guys hold the revs up to 4,000+ for a bit to make sure you get some in there? I would be very careful doing that, the idea of water-locking a motor is scary enough to make me think twice. I can't imagine that at idle it does much for the secondaries, which is where all the performance is at anyways. Thoughts??

Current Ride: 1998 Contour SVT - T-Red, Res. Delete, K&N under the hood, broken side skirt at passenger rear jackpoint. Its FOR SALE, see the classifieds.
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
YEs you get if enough gas to suck the stuff down both intake tracts. But the most effective way to clean the intake is to take it off the car.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard