Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
sounds like a typical retarded automatic hunting for gears. man,I hate automatics.

'95 CGL ZMTX - DOB: 8/94 - Daily Driver - 271k & counting - Ractive muffler,MSD ignition coil,KEM 8mm wires,Pre98 SE 7 spoke rims,KVR CF brake pads,Post98 sail panels,Sony Xplod HU,Pioneer 3-way 6x9's '89 Mazda B2200 - Under Construction
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
The trick to making that bucking stop lays in your right foot. When you gas it then let off before it shifts, you are teasing the ATX, and it lashes out by "bucking". Now if you accidentally do this again, what you can do is, after you let off the gas and realize "Oh $#it it's gonna buck on me!", ease back on the gas. When you do this, the shift will smooth out a lot more than if you would have let it "buck". Just my personal experience with the issue...

J.T. 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 294ci V8. Custom CAI, headers on the way... 1997 Mercury Mystique Zetec ATX Deceased February 2006
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by MadMerc97:
The trick to making that bucking stop lays in your right foot. When you gas it then let off before it shifts, you are teasing the ATX, and it lashes out by "bucking". Now if you accidentally do this again, what you can do is, after you let off the gas and realize "Oh $#it it's gonna buck on me!", ease back on the gas. When you do this, the shift will smooth out a lot more than if you would have let it "buck". Just my personal experience with the issue...

My personal experience with this issue also seconds to keep the gas down, and the engine will stay revved right up high until it can find the right gear, passengers sometimes give me funny looks, but can't be avoided if you are driving hard, only does it in the shift from 1st to 2nd.

That being said I always thought that the throttle hang fix would correct this, does anybody know?

-Electric Frost 1998 Mercury Mystique GS SVT side skirts, rear SVT bumper, SVT exhaust, K&N Cone Air intake, 17in ST200 rims 2005 Ford Mustang GT
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Electric Frost:
..That being said I always thought that the throttle hang fix would correct this, does anybody know?

The TH fix is for the revs sticking at 1500 rpm or going higher (and it appears to also fix the moose problem). It is usually a new TSS which fixes this bang shift problem.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard