Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
How many of you play the stock market. I'm losing a LOT of fake money for a class and I really would appreciate it if I can get some help with some recommendations.

I'm new to this game which sucks because the final grade is very dependent on our final outcomes. For one, I thought DELL, TASR, and the OIH was going to make me some money and they turned out to be the biggest losers so far.

I would really appreciate it if anyone would provide me some guidance with some good investments. Does not matter if you respond to this thread and discuss it openly or via PM's.

W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Trammell Crow Company, TCC

www.geocities.com/jesusfr7282000 Biblical principles work, there are no exceptions. 99 Suburban 03 Silverado 70 Skylark 79 Electra
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
I have developed a fair amount of saving simply through Proctor and Gamble. I dont really play the market, my money just sits there and grows. Take a look at Google, that would have been, and still is, a stock to get while the gettin' is good.

A
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Thanks for the responses so far. Also, do stocks usually close higher or lower over the weekend?

A
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
What do you think of these stocks? Are they good buys for tomorrow?

HD Home Depot
INTC Intel
BP British Petroleum
AAPL Apple
CQB Chiquita

I appreciate all the help I am getting so far. You all have been great with the fast responses.

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
With the fourth quarter rolling around I have found that most all retailers (i.e. Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Sears etc.) are pretty good bets. The fourth quarter usually makes up over 50% of most retailers yearly sales.

2000 Sport SE
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Buy high yield, dividend paying stocks such as DOW stocks for the long term (ie P&G, IBM, Home depot) also real estate funds good for long term. short term, look for bad news blown out of proportion...ie McD's a while back...follow trends and the hot sectors. 99% of the time you are picking the wrong sector not the wrong stock. Do the opposite to what the analysts are saying...they are wrong 50% of the time. my analyst said not to buy Nortel at .67, I bought 5k worth and sold at $4.85 a few months later (it's funny because Nortel was a buy, according to the analysts, the whole time the stock was dropping from $12 to $1.25)
if you want to make some $$$, it won't come easy. read all you can, the key is knowledge....I read every book there was in the book store on finance, stocks trading etc. read up on the big name traders

D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by ouch:
What do you think of these stocks? Are they good buys for tomorrow?

HD Home Depot
INTC Intel
BP British Petroleum
AAPL Apple
CQB Chiquita

I appreciate all the help I am getting so far. You all have been great with the fast responses.

PS

don't try and time the market, because it is very difficult....these would be good long term buys. if you want to get in and out, energy, high-tech, small company stocks are good for that.

Link Copied to Clipboard