Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
2005 Ford Taurus SE
(Used ones arnt that bad )

Former owner of a 1995 Ford Contour GL w/ 2.0L ATX Proud owner of a 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L V6 Vulcan --Looking for Commodore stuff (Drives, Units, Amiga, games, etc)If anyone has any of this laying around and wants it gone, lemme know --
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Reliable, Sporty, Luxury and 4-drs

300M aside from the Automatic.....

but since you want a manual trans:

2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser Turbo about $12-14K depending on options package 7yr 70K warranty is transferable
220 HP @5,100rpm
245 TQ @2,400rpm

Infiniti G20t
lacking on power but luxo features are nice

Nissan Sentra SE-R Can be had for $11-14K

Mazdaspeed Protege Can be had for $12-14K

Audi 1.8T Non-Quattro for much improved perofrmance
Audi A4 2.8 Quattro 5spd

Jetta 1.8T for that German feel

Hyundai Elantra GT - Hatchback, Luxury features , long warranty

Matt! Tough choices for you and your folks to decide on.
I like the Audi A4 with Quattro for the New England winters.
I like the Elantra GT for its cost and high rich content feautres. A guy at my work makes about $125K a year and drives one. I quite like it, but have never driven it.

PT Turbo for pacticality, that hatchback with folding seats is sure nice for someone on the go. Add in the long Chrysler warranty & 220HP you have a winner.

Jetta, well are you gay?

MazdaSpeed Protege, riciest non-luxo pure sport of the bunch. Definitely a winner in the sporty-factor!

G20T, I cringe at the low HP numbers but it makes decent enough power to get out of its own way.

It's not my money but since we are already at the 2006MY of cars, I would try and stick to 2002 and under 50K miles for the reliability factor.

Money doesn't always bring happiness. People with ten million dollars are no happier than people with nine million dollars ~ Hobart Brown
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
I love the A4s but they're maintenance isn't cheap with a very expensive timing belt change every 60k or so. I can't say that I'd trust a 1.8T with higher miles and an unknown history either, though it is a sweet and very mod-friendly motor. Other than that they're very nice rides and typically priced several thousand less than a comparable year/miles BMW 3-series. In the northeast all wheel drive is a nice bonus.

Scott

Troll! '99 BMW 328i
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by ContourKev:
2005 Ford Taurus SE
(Used ones arnt that bad )

They may be reliable, but they signify everything that was wrong with Ford's car line up for the last 5-7 years. ATX only and grandpa styling and handling ...

For the price range, maybe an earlier WRX ...

or ...

A used CSVT with a couple grand in the bank for an eventual HMS trans and 3.0L.

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Pigeon:
I love the A4s but they're maintenance isn't cheap with a very expensive timing belt change every 60k or so. I can't say that I'd trust a 1.8T with higher miles and an unknown history either, though it is a sweet and very mod-friendly motor. Other than that they're very nice rides and typically priced several thousand less than a comparable year/miles BMW 3-series. In the northeast all wheel drive is a nice bonus.

Scott

This car is GORGEOUS if I had the spare cash and didn't already have the BMW it's be in my driveway by now.

Beautiful 2000 A4 1.8T quattro $9200

Scott

Troll! '99 BMW 328i
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Personally, I'd get an '96 Impala SS. Around here they go for about 11K. Nice, full size, Corvette-powered vehicle. If that's too big for you, go get you a Subaru Alcyone SVX. If you can find one, it is nice to have.

J.T. 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 294ci V8. Custom CAI, headers on the way... 1997 Mercury Mystique Zetec ATX Deceased February 2006
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by MadMerc97:
Personally, I'd get an '96 Impala SS.

i love that car too, but not in 14" of snow.

For Sale: - Sony PSP with a Baseball 2k6 and the movie Crash. $100 - 1973 Karmann Ghia Convertible w/ Auto-Stick. Needs Restoration. $1200 OBO
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Good point. Thus the SVX. AWD+V6=fun. It's still a roomy-enough car, good for a daily driver, but I wouldn't want to find parts for one...

J.T. 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 294ci V8. Custom CAI, headers on the way... 1997 Mercury Mystique Zetec ATX Deceased February 2006
R
rouar Online Content OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Online Content
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I've only found one SVX with a five-speed, and it was on a Subaru enthusiast site where someone (girl IIRC?) did an auto->manual swap. They're not available with a stick stock. Nor do they have four doors.

I do love the style of the Audi A4, 99.5+ Jetta, Saab 9000 and Saab 9-5, but am concerned enough about the reliability of all of them to shy away from those.

The Infiniti G20 is an interesting idea. I really like it in terms of style .. rather conservative look. It's got some distinct Nissan-ish touches like the door handles, and I've heard many nightmares about Infiniti dealerships on CEG, but I'll give the car a look. For the price a Sentra SE-R might be more appropriate.

M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Get a 626. My girlfriend has 133,400 miles on hers and it has less rattles than my Contour at 57,000. If you get an auto, make sure you get the V-6. The 4 cylinder's auto is the CD4E Contour piece of junk. For some reason the V-6 has a Mazda automatic that doesn't suck. The stick shift is good regardless of motor choice.

The 2.5 V-6 (Not a Duratec) cars are supposed to run 8 second 0-60s. That's not bad for the price you pay. They depreciate pretty quickly because some people think the Camry and Accord are better. This '99 626 is wonderful. Can't argue with what you get.

2000 Contour SE
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard