Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by LukeDuke:
... or what do you guys do on here?

As an answer to your previous question, read the posts above.

"blablabla, I did yer mom, you can't spell, my girlfriend did yer mom and then left me even though I love her, my CF truck is sweet, no it's not, blablabla."

That's pretty much it.

I like to think I put the 'func' in functioning alcoholic. '03 3/4 ton Chevy 4dr, '04 350Z, '01 CBR 929rr Erion Edition, '01 CR250R, '74 Honda CB360 Cafe racer project- (100+hp/ltr.), '83 Rabbit project car.
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Yep and we enjoy it.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
J
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
J
wow never seen anythign like a csvt befor .

New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
Greasy Monkey:

i would just like to point out that the bold text in that quote should look like this: you're

that apostrophe is quite essential, as you are not talking about his possessions. (contractions use an apostrophe to symbolize missing letters, thus making it shorter [contracted]).

know where i learned that?

well.. 7th grade actually. i passed out of college english, and i'm proud of it

Raw, you owe Monkey a debt of gratitude for offering you a much-needed bit of constructive criticism. He is not trying to "be a Nazi". Some people don't "give a hoot" about how our language is composed, written and spelled. Unfortunately for all of us, those "Nazis" who do, are called "employers", "social workers", and "Judges". I have a strong feeling that you have asked yourself the questions, (or one day will) "Why didn't I get that job I applied for"? or "Why did the judge slam me in court while Sam or Joe did the same thing and got off"? There is a BIG difference between stylized writing on the net and just BAD usage and spelling.
Some of my pet peeves: The spelling of "Of coarse" and the word, "definitely", which I must have seen spelled about eight different ways on here and lousy or no verb agreement.

Raw, I think that, perhaps, you're (there's that contraction again) just lazy, or at least I hope that's the case, because if you truly don't "give a hoot" about how you come across to other people (especially the ones who really count), then I am forced to surmise, as MX Racer claims, you are, indeed a moron.

I have seen people on here expound at length about complex mechanical theories, but when they use terms like "have went" or confuse the usage of the words "to" and "too", I find it hard to accept what idea they're (contraction) trying to put across, because I can't help wondering, "This guy obviously f***ed up the fourth grade; what has he messed up since then"?

Greasy Monkey, welcome to the ungrammatical CEG. I know it is our hope that your (Possession, NO contraction) words of encouragement will take hold here, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

--------------------
It's only paper 'til you spend it

It's only paper 'til you spend it.
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Originally posted by 4SE's:
Raw, I think that, <---- remove this comma perhaps, <---- remove this comma you're (there's that contraction again) just lazy, or at
least I hope that's the case, because if you truly don't "give a hoot" about how you come across to
other people (especially the ones who really count),
then I am forced to surmise, as MX Racer claims,
you are, <---- remove this commaindeed a moron.

Somebody got a little comma-happy.
Sorry. Wanted to be a grammar Nazi just once.

2000 SVT Contour -- SOLD! New car coming soon... 1980 Triumph TR7 -- Needs a new home...
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
actually those commas are correct; the "perhaps" is a sort of pause in thought. an interjection, if you will, to present uncertainty.

also, for the end of the statement, he is actually missing a comma after the "indeed." this is also an interjection.

What do you mean, rhetorical question? 1998.5 SVT --> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2155561/1 #4619 of 6535, born Feb 18, 1998. i'm a smarta$$, don't take it personally
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Read that paragraph out loud to yourself and pause every time you see a comma. There's too many of them in there.

2000 SVT Contour -- SOLD! New car coming soon... 1980 Triumph TR7 -- Needs a new home...
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by 4SE's:

Raw, I think that, perhaps, you're (there's that contraction again) just lazy; or at least I hope that's the case, because if you truly don't "give a hoot" about how you come across to other people (especially the ones who really count), then I am forced to surmise - as MX Racer claims - you are, indeed, a moron.

changed a comma to a semicolon, hyphens (signaling a referrence) and that last comma behind "indeed."

end of discussion.

Last edited by GreaseyMonkey; 10/28/05 03:53 AM.

What do you mean, rhetorical question? 1998.5 SVT --> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2155561/1 #4619 of 6535, born Feb 18, 1998. i'm a smarta$$, don't take it personally
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Wow! Just wow!!! There is something in the water in Michigan right now! Yes grammar is important... But hmmm, the Big3 sure doesn't have a problem with the way I write when they recieve my reports. Obviously I dont write the same way I do on CEG though

D
I feel Guilty, Oh so guilty
I feel Guilty, Oh so guilty
D
The 4SE guy must be pretty controlling since he won't even allow the poster to use his own screen name.

4SE's: I'm thinking about using "preacher" as my screen name. What do you think?
4SE: No.
4SE's: Come on, man, let me make up my own name.
4SE: I own you, [censored]. You will announce it to the world and you will like it.
4SE's: ok

Break free from that guy, you don't need him telling you how to live your life, use your own screen name. webster's, Roget's, and Oxford English are all available.

I hope that employers aren't checking up on people's net grammar to make decisions on a person's qualifications. If so, they shouldn't be in a position to hire others. What I am trying to say is the internet has a different set of rules and 99% of people don't care, and rightfully so, about internet grammar/spelling. At least not on a forum populated primarily by high school aged kids. I can't remember the last time I went to a mechanic and said "Are you qualified to work on my car? Oh yeah, well write me an essay, man. We'll see about that. On this essay, it said you were going to install too new brakes and these brakes don't look any newer than the other brakes you have. I'm taking my business elsewhere." (quotation mark)

"If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit" -Mitch Hedberg
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  WorldTour_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard