Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
OP Offline
S
Guys,

I live in Oak Point, about 15 miles north of The Colony. The car is being worked on near Bonham. May not get this project completed til Turkey Day.

Terry,

I said I was in over my head. laugh The 2.5L motor "spun a bearing" at 74K according to the Ford Tech. I had read an article in FF&MM regarding the 3.0L conversion. I can say that I am slightly overwhelmed by the enormity of this project especially since the only engines I have ever messed with are motorcycles and such.I understand I will have to have a chip burned to make things run like they should. Any sage advise besides "you shouldn't have started this thing" would be greatly appreciated.

My other ride. www.svtlightnings.com/go_rila/

N
N
Six,

It reads like you wish you hadn't started this project. I hope I don't get in to it and feel the same way. I too don't have much experience.

98 Black CSVT
92k Miles
Dead 2.5L
3.0L In Work
S
OP Offline
S
nupesvt

Well, I knew I would find out more about the 3.0L conversion by doing it than I could ever learn by reading about it. Too bad there's not a detailed how to, but a 98 SVT Contour with a bad motor is not worth much. Bankston quoted me $5,000+ for a replacement motor and what fun would that be.

My frustration is primarily because this is my son's car and I need to get it back to him ASAP. Don't give up on the idea just because I'm a little concerned. Shoot, I should be able to tell you all the things not to do after I get done. Right?

T
T
Sixpipes,send me a PM on where you are and any problems & I'll try to help,yes I know I'm an old p***t! wink

V6 MTX
'Don't p**s up my back then tell me it's raining!!!"
'Its only nuts & bolts!'
'If I build it,fix it,upgrade it or modify it...MAYBE they will come....!
Haines Motor Sports Inc,
Dealer for 'Quaife America' & 'Autotech Sport Tuning'
SOLE USA Dealer for the American Axle 'AUSSIE BAR'...
Get a Turbo for you Zetec from HMS Inc...by 'The Demon' ...www.DemonDynamics.co.uk
..don't talk about it DO IT !!!
N
N
Six,

That's definitely encouraging to read. I just got my SVT towed back to my house today. How about it's leaking oil from around the oil pan?!?! That would explain my very low oil level. I wonder if I can hold City Garage at fault here.

How long have you been working on it???

I'm ready to start this project. I already pulled the battery out.

Terry, I could use some help, too. cool

98 Black CSVT
92k Miles
Dead 2.5L
3.0L In Work
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard