Print Thread
P
Pre98 Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Environmentalists attempt to disarm the Navy

Well, my POV already stands on the subject. The environmentalists don't even give an arguement about HOW MANY sea bearing animals die because of sonar uses.

Granted, it's not like enemy U boats and Kursks are going to come screaming across our oceans anymore.. but come on.

P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Stupid liberals.

W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by Pre98:

Well, my POV already stands on the subject. The environmentalists don't even give an arguement about HOW MANY sea bearing animals die because of sonar uses.

Granted, it's not like enemy U boats and Kursks are going to come screaming across our oceans anymore.. but come on.

It's funny. It's because of these kind of inventions that the so called "evironmentalists" are even able to enjoy the freedoms to be able to fight this kind of thing...

www.geocities.com/jesusfr7282000 Biblical principles work, there are no exceptions. 99 Suburban 03 Silverado 70 Skylark 79 Electra
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by Woodencross:
Originally posted by Pre98:

It's funny. It's because of these kind of inventions that the so called "evironmentalists" are even able to enjoy the freedoms to be able to fight this kind of thing...

yes but thats exactly why the armed forces do what they do, so people can be free to do what they want. Not saying its right, but thats what democracy is about.

95 Merc Stique Zetec 2.0 Auto
V
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
V
Originally posted by from the article:
NRDC attorney Joel Reynolds said the group recognizes the Navy's need to detect enemies, and he noted that the lawsuit seeks limits on sonar during training exercises, not in war.

This plus the fact that the Navy has already altered its training methods suggests that this group isn't being totally irrational. Personally, I'd have a lot better things to do with my time than wonder if whale migration patterns are being disrupted by military tests, but I'm also somewhat glad that people are out there paying attention to man's effect on other species.

E0 #36 '95 Ranger '82 Honda CX500
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Probably the same group that hasn't let a new refinery go up in over 20 years...

2000 Contour SE

Link Copied to Clipboard