Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
H
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by cawong11:
Dan, there is a 1995 SE in the Trader for $3300.00, price dropped from $4000.00. Why don't you try to see if they will go lower on the price?

My wish list will have to wait until after Christmas, since, I spent a heck of a lot of money already, no room to spare for car mods, for now.

I'll look into that one Chris....if it's out your way do you think you could take a look at it?

Also....yeah right....I say by Feb you have all of those mods purchased

And if you are looking for a pully....lemmie know what size, I'll talk to Riaan in the mustang club and see if he can make you one at the shop

EDIT: Also, if you are looking for new GM parts, lemmie know, I can get GM parts at cost (thinking of your brakes)

Last edited by hamill; 12/05/05 04:33 AM.
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by hamill:
Originally posted by cawong11:
Dan, there is a 1995 SE in the Trader for $3300.00, price dropped from $4000.00. Why don't you try to see if they will go lower on the price?

My wish list will have to wait until after Christmas, since, I spent a heck of a lot of money already, no room to spare for car mods, for now.

I'll look into that one Chris....if it's out your way do you think you could take a look at it?

Also....yeah right....I say by Feb you have all of those mods purchased

And if you are looking for a pully....lemmie know what size, I'll talk to Riaan in the mustang club and see if he can make you one at the shop

EDIT: Also, if you are looking for new GM parts, lemmie know, I can get GM parts at cost (thinking of your brakes)

Dan, I just noticed that the SE is a 96 5 speed. There are a lot of ATX Contours around and under $3000.00 in the GTA.

I am looking for a 3.4" pulley and a set of GM Performance struts (aka Koni's) as they are the only supplier of decent aftermarket performance struts for these cars. My only alternative is KYB GR2, but those are basically stock replacement struts (maybe a little stiffer than stock).

G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
all independant my friend I love my tours

H
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
H
we might be picking up a 1997 Grand Am (4dr, SE, 3.1L, Auto) and guess what Chris....it's white

We are taking it in to put it up on the hoist on Friday and see what it needs for a safety. My buddy who works at the dealership said it was bought at the dealership with 47K on it, and the present owners have put 260K on it, the car sits wil just under 300K. HOWEVER...the car have been serviced VERY well (they did it at the dealership so he checked it's history...they had EVERYTHING done there) and the car was driven to Florida in the winter. He said there is zero exterior rust, but I wanna see what's underneath.

price you say?

$1250

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Great price on the Grand Am, Dan. I truly tried to look for a cheap car, but I just couldn't find anything that I liked. It's good to have your connections for finding cars, parts, etc. Sounds like you found yourself a winner.

D
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
D
Hamill,

If you can find some other nice deal like this, for a good car who can handle le the road very well, prefer mon handling than more power, then let me know.. i'm from montreal but can move for a good deal. A road trip is always welcome ;-)

H
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
H
Chris: It's to bad I just now knew you were looking for a car again. There was a 1997 Plymouth Breeze that went for $2500, 4cyl, 130,000KM, and a 1998 Malibu went for $4500 with 67,000 and only needed a tail light BULB to pass safety. And lest we forget the $500 Turbo Talon....all it needed was a fuel pump, wires, and plugs, now it's up for sale for $2500 by the guy who bought it.

Montreal guy: What are you looking for vehicle wise?

D
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
D
Hamil.. I basicly need a second car for a couple of month, need it around february, need to last for like 6 ou 7 month.. after that it will become a project car.. So it as to be fun to drive, have some nice potential and cheap ;-) There is no rush as i need the car only in late february. The talon and maybe the breeze would be a good choice.. A contour SE would be nice too.. If you see any ZX3 that would be nice too.

Well take your time.. no stress for me.. but if i found a deal i might jump on it ;-)

D
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
D
forgot to add.. must be MTX

G
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
G
Cawong,

This is the first year I'll be driving my '99 SVT in the winter since I've owned it. My previous winter car was a '93 Nissan 240SX (not your typical winter beater) but with Canajun Tire Ice-Tracks on all four corners, it handled like a Rallye car and was a hoot in the winter. I loved seeing those snow rooster tails when I mashed down the loud-pedal after a fresh snowfall. Too bad a friend talked me out of it to be his son's winter-beater. Well, now the SVT is wearing brand-new Ice-Tracks, and so far I think it's a reasonably fun snow car. I hate to subject it to the ice-snow-salt, but I have to be realistic: it's depreciating, no matter HOW much I baby her. My way of thinking is: DRIVE her and ENJOY her.
GT

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Gerald_dup1, mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard