Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
T
No, not a bird, my engine.

Okay, it is NOT the serp belt or the WP belt, it is coming what appears to be deep with in the engine, changes pitch and gets faster "chirps" when accelerating. You hear when the clutch is in or out, you here it at idle, you hear it at 4000RPMS. It sounds SO similar to a chirping belt, but tis not. Both are new, have never made the noise, and I've taken the stethascope thing all around the engine bay, and it does not come from any of the pulley areas.

ANy ideas before it heads on back to the delaership. It did just have a new idler pulley installed a two days ago.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
My car chirped until my tie rod end was replaced (it had grown worn)

I.. am not certain if this had anythigng to do with it, or if they simply lubed all the parts near the area and that solved the chirping..

M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Stryped:
No, not a bird, my engine.

Okay, it is NOT the serp belt or the WP belt, it is coming what appears to be deep with in the engine, changes pitch and gets faster "chirps" when accelerating. You hear when the clutch is in or out, you here it at idle, you hear it at 4000RPMS. It sounds SO similar to a chirping belt, but tis not. Both are new, have never made the noise, and I've taken the stethascope thing all around the engine bay, and it does not come from any of the pulley areas.

ANy ideas before it heads on back to the delaership. It did just have a new idler pulley installed a two days ago.

Could be your A/C compressor. Mine's chirping (no, it's not the kids in the backseat). You can hear it at idle mostly, but it's also there as the revs climb.

....of course this would be true if you have A/C. Do you?

/Eric

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada '96 Mystique GS, ATX

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard