Veteran CEG\'er
R

E0 Silver Frost CSVT #3095/6535 Alpine CDA-9851
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Cliff's please.

...nevermind, I can probably guess the point of it.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Why post an article? It would be much easier and quicker if you said "Christians are stoopid!"

Ryan Trollin!
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
Why post an article? It would be much easier and quicker if you said "Christians are stoopid!"

Posting such an article without starting any kind of discussion is flamebait. Which, I should remind everyone, is a bannable offense.

W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W

How about you guys read this before assuming it says Christians are stupid? I am only a few paragraphs into it but it seems more like American Christians are not living by the lessons in the Bible.

1999 Contour SE Duratec ATX My feet and the Stra�Ÿenbahn http://www.tempo-topaz-performance.com/topazsho/ the coolest Topaz ever! To bad it's not mine
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Agree with some things and disagree with others.

In the US we have managed to merge Christianity with Capitalism and form our own religion based on these two philosophies.

I for one unashamedly call myself an evangelical Christian, however, when I see a bum on the side of the road holding a sign I have absolutely no desire to help him. I think, "Get a job, you are a drain on society, go do something, be productive." Admittedly not a very Christian attitude according to the teachings of Christ.

I live in a historic area in Louisville where there is a very diverse population (million dollar houses, but also old homes that have been converted to Section 8 apartments). Therefore I am frequently confronted by "worthless", as I call them, individuals walking down the street and asking me for money. I have a very negative attitude towards certain types of people based on stereotypes and experiences. Again, not a very Christian response to the situation.

When I look at a poor person, or the New Orleans situation, the capitalist in me says, "This is America, no reason for these people to be in the condition they are in. Go get a job, stop having so many damn babies, be responsible..."

I realize that perhaps my background (school and work) in Economics, has contributed to the lack of empathy that I have for these individuals. Unfortunately, my strongly capitalist beliefs may be stronger than my Christian beliefs. Definitely makes me think about my priorities.

The author made some stupid comments as well, but I have been typing for too long...

Black 2000 SVT Contour w/ Prairie Tan MSDS Headers | Magnaflow | Mirko Splitter | Fidanza Short Throw Shifter | Kenwood KVT-815 LCD/DVD
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B

Why post ignorant comments? It would make much more sense if you backed them with some kind of reasoning... probably not quicker though.

Black 2000 SVT Contour w/ Prairie Tan MSDS Headers | Magnaflow | Mirko Splitter | Fidanza Short Throw Shifter | Kenwood KVT-815 LCD/DVD
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by Wien_Sean:
How about you guys read this before assuming it says Christians are stupid?

This is all I had to read:

R
Rishodi Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
R

That's not the point of the article, and neither is it my opinion. "Christians are stupid" is a stereotype I'm not going to make. My immediate family is Christian and my girlfriend is Christian. The point of the article (the author is a Christian, by the way) is that the majority of Christians in America have deviated from Jesus's teachings, especially those involved politically. I well remember that you are one of the several people who attacked me personally in previous threads, and this post was largely for you. I posted an article because the author expands much further on my viewpoint and more aptly than the extent to which I would be able.

E0 Silver Frost CSVT #3095/6535 Alpine CDA-9851
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by Davo:

Posting such an article without starting any kind of discussion is flamebait. Which, I should remind everyone, is a bannable offense.

Originally posted by Rishodi:
I well remember that you are one of the several people who attacked me personally in previous threads, and this post was largely for you.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard