Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
S
anyone here ever think about that? like the experiences you have been through and just wondered what he has in store for you for you have been so lucky. i know i have had my three strikes it feels like but i still wonder whats to come. i feel so lucky sometimes when i look back on things.

one...10 months in iraq
two...held up at gun point
three.125 mph spinout

i sware lately this has got to me and i sit there and wonder what i have comin to me. well im done spekin my mind. just thought id see what everyone elses life experiences were.

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Pretty rough man! I think the same things sometimes- but you just have to go on one day at a time. I guess it's very intriguing to think that God actually knows EVERYTHING that did happen, is currently happening, adn will happen til your last breath. I often try to thinki- I wonder when my last day is and if God told me, what I would think then.

Just a thought-

God wanted you to go to Iraq to protect many lives- and you came back fine

God wanted those peopel to hodl you up- he wanted a better exscuse to send them to hell

God wanted you to have a125mph spin out because he wanted to show teh dangers of high speed- and let you expereince something many will only experience once.

You see, yeha, there is a reaosn behind everything that happens, what ever they may be, only the man upstaris knows.

I know in 11th grade, in the same week. I hit my head pretty hard on a diving board-knocked out-nearly drowned if it wasn't for a classmate, talked my best friend out of wanting to kill himself, and got shot at in teh woods during hunting. Defently something that makes oyu stop and think.

Hope things get better for you my friend.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
as far as divine intervention I have a few pretty good stories. One of the most recent ones was me going to college. I applied to Boston University (and many other schools) simply because a friend of mine who graduated the year before me in HS went there and said I should Apply. I did my applications last minute and really did no research on colleges.

I got in and got lots of money, I went to BU and a few weeks later my mom was talking to me about growing up and leaving home and thinking of all the good times growing up as a baby. The usual mom replays your whole life before a big move like college. She tells me how when I was a baby we drove by BU while visiting some family, and she said I would go there one day. She said I was just a little baby, but she said she would pray that I went there on scholarship. She did not remember this baby experience until I was already at BU.

I think that is kinda cool. This was not the first time she prayed hard for something and was answered by God. The biggest thing involves my sister being completely healed of encephalitis when she should have died or been a vegetable for life. Doctors were dumbfounded by my sister's almost instantaneuos recovery after being in a coma for many months.

Originally posted by Who the F are You?:
does your family tree not have any branches on it?

99SVT 235hp @ 6550rpm 212tq @ 5350rpm
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
i think that i'm here for my son, he's going to be a great person one day...

"What did you think about that Dorothy girl?" "The whole Judy Garland thing kinda turned me on. That doesn't make me some sort of fag does it? "Nah baby, your money." 98 Black SVT #3560 of 6535
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by RandyCSVT:
as far as divine intervention I have a few pretty good stories.

I've got one divine intervention story as well. In summer 2001 I went to D.C. with a select group of peers from my church and three advisors (all of us as white as ghosts, if you catch my drift). We made the mistake of taking the city bus, which would have been okay except for a transfer at the intersection of Florida Ave NW/NE and N. Capitol St. NE., which in my opinion is one of the most ghetto and reverse-racist (oxymoron I know) sections of D.C. After ten minutes of evil-eyes from everyone at that bus stop, litter thrown at us and threats from one drunk of what he was gonna do to us if we got on that coming bus, we ended up crossing the street into a gas station parking lot with no clue what to do, when two women randomly showed up in a tiny car (Festiva?) persistently asking if we needed help. After hearing our story they were prepared to take us one-by-one to our destination (Hard Rock Cafe) in that tiny car if a bus didn't show up. They flagged down a bus heading in a different direction, explained to the driver our situation and asked him if he could get us straight to our destination. They flat-out refused monetary compensation from my advisors nor did we get their full names.

Every once in a while I sit back and recall the situation, and ask God to send blessings their way, wherever they might be now, for helping and protecting me and my friends that night.

(As for the location we were to be volunteering for the rest of that week, it was at 12-16 P. St. NE, just a block from that particular intersection. However, there I met some of the most wonderful and interesting people in the heart of a less than ideal section of the city, and it became easily one of the most, if not the most, enriching weeks of my life.)

With regard to what God has in store for me, I have no clue at this point in my life. I still consider myself highly naive to life and my surroundings (after all, people go through things like that every day and it was one of the worst experiences of my life), but hopefully someday I'll be granted the opportunity to wake up and look around me -- and most importantly, that I be granted the preparedness for the occasion.

S
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
S
well, i see we all got stories of our own. its just amazing thinking of what we have all been through. thanks for the replies....the answers will come one day.

W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
At 21 years old, I witnessed a very close friend of mine get shot five times, and he died in my arms. Why? I don't know.

At 20 years old, I was married, and in three months we were pregnant. No health insurance, and after calling who knows how many hundreds of companies, had no luck finding any either. We prayed about it and in two weeks I had a full time job with health benefits through the state. Coincidence? nope...

My wife and I consider "coincidence" to be God remaining anonymous. Consider that next time you think something is a coincidence...

For example...A quick version, not nearly everything that took place...The path that led to meeting my wife started when I was twelve years old. My dad took a different organist job at a Methodist church, and my sister and I started there. I met a friend named Ted. 6 years later, he was deciding what University to go to. A full ride at TExas A&M or a somewhat decent scholarship to University of Texas at Dallas. He chose the Dallas scholarship, and introduced me to Karen. Karen and I had a lot in common. Including a "vow" to not date until we "knew." The moment I met her, I knew...

I could go on and on and on and on...But I won't...

God knows what he is doing, and if you give Him the power to guide you through life, it's amazing what happens...That doesn't mean you won't have to make some hard decisions at times, or that you will not face adversity in life...

But rest in His unending grace and power, and everything will come together in one way or another.

www.geocities.com/jesusfr7282000 Biblical principles work, there are no exceptions. 99 Suburban 03 Silverado 70 Skylark 79 Electra
A
b0x @dm1n
b0x @dm1n
A
125 MPH spin out! Um glutton for punishment comes to mind.

-Andy

Andy W. The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
I sometimes reflect on some of the things that I have survived against all odds. Makes me think that God has some great mission for me to accomplish before my time is up.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Well, I guess I can jump in here. when I was in 5th grade me and my bro were riding on back of a truck unknown to the driver and he jumped off at a slow speed and I did at a much faster speed--20 mph or more, not that fast but fast enough that I landed on my feet and they were promptly swept out from under me by the road that was not moving and landed on my head. If it dosn't add up right this is what I remember the second I was in the air cause I passed out when I hit and pieced the rest together. I regained conshinous in the seat of a pickup going to the emergendcy room. Thing is that I could have died and should have been much worse off. But I did get to be medaveced on a leer jet.

As far as God having a plan for our lives, I believe that more than anything else because I have done more things in my life that should have at least seriously harmed me or killed me simply because I take too many risks(Ive been stranded in the water because my sailboat got away from me and stuck on a island because the rudder broke adn I had to drift in another time, while I everything went just fine when i was in 5 ft waves. this is a 14 sunfish sailboat) amoung cliff jumping and the pain heals, glory forever theory(sacrifice your body basically), my moms a nurse and said that its amazing I havn't broked anything too.

All these life threatening expiriences are going to help you later in life, you just don't see it yet but you'll know when it happens. Everything happens for a reason. "In your weaknes, he is stronger; in your darkness he shines through; when your cry on him he's your comfort; when you all alone, hes carrying you."

95 LX-with a mind of its own 24v DOHC SVT exhaust and K&N=all thats worth modding Go Fighting Sioux!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard