Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Hey everyone,
have any of you here had to replace the right side inner halfshaft yet?? I belive mine is going now and wondering just how much of a PITA it might be. I have already changed both axles and front wheel bearings last year and I'm narrowing this noise down to a possible halfshaft problem. It just recently started making a "clunking- whirring" noise at lower speeds.
i am changing the lower control arms soon and figured I would tackle that while im in there. Any ideas or info would be great.
Thanks,
JIM

95SE tour MTX Silver/champagne custom dual side exhaust 16" ALT180's Wrapped in BFG COMP TA's 215/50 VR4 16.0 @ 91mph before wheels and exhaust mods.
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by 95customtourSE:
Hey everyone,
have any of you here had to replace the right side inner halfshaft yet?? I belive mine is going now and wondering just how much of a PITA it might be. .... Any ideas or info would be great.
Thanks,
JIM

This thread had the CEGer changing the driver's side (the procedure might help) and link to Autozone.

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=trouble&Number=1028318&Forum=trouble&Words=autozone&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=2&Limit=25&Old=3months&Main=1028232&Search=true#Post1028318

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by 95customtourSE:
Hey everyone,
have any of you here had to replace the right side inner halfshaft yet?? I belive mine is going now and wondering just how much of a PITA it might be. I have already changed both axles and front wheel bearings last year and I'm narrowing this noise down to a possible halfshaft problem. It just recently started making a "clunking- whirring" noise at lower speeds.
i am changing the lower control arms soon and figured I would tackle that while im in there. Any ideas or info would be great.
Thanks,
JIM

You replace the entire axle. Remove wheel, caliper, rotor, end link, seperate ball joint, remove axle nut, big bry bar to seperate the balljoint from the hub, need compressor and a pneumatic tool to vibrate the end of the axle out of the hub. Use a pry bar to pop the axle out. I use a slide hammer w/ CV attachment to pull it out though. You'll also have to drain the trans. fluid unless you want it pouring out. Easy as that. LOL!

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard