Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
All,
Ford has a new part number for the 3.0 Cylinder Head bolts. The old was 4F1Z-6065-AA, new is 4F1Z-6065-AB. The new part number corresponds to 2005+ Freestyle and 500, not sure what the change is, if any.

Oh yeah, I tried ordering various parts from 1stfordparts.com for the 3.0. They required a VIN and when I entered that this was a 3.0 conversion in the comments field the order was cancelled. Reason they gave was that they "do not support" conversions

1998 SVT Contour E1, Black (Mine) - Winter 3.0 Project 2004 Sentra SE-R SpecV (Wifes) www.SuperHawkForum.com
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by mamisano:
All,
Ford has a new part number for the 3.0 Cylinder Head bolts. The old was 4F1Z-6065-AA, new is 4F1Z-6065-AB. The new part number corresponds to 2005+ Freestyle and 500, not sure what the change is, if any.

Actual bolt engineering part number did not change. The service part number (4th digit is always Z) changed to reflect packaging change:
4F1Z-6065-AA = package qty of 1
4F1Z-6065-AB = package qty of 8

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I ordered 95% of my parts from them and they are good guys. They do that for a reason, and hence the reason I didn't tell them I was doing a conversion. Its to protect their asses...

Oh yeah, I tried ordering various parts from 1stfordparts.com for the 3.0. They required a VIN and when I entered that this was a 3.0 conversion in the comments field the order was cancelled. Reason they gave was that they "do not support" conversions

Ryan Trollin!
S
Cool Toe Chris
Cool Toe Chris
S

Go through Billy boy. He has always come through for me whenever I was in trouble.

Chris NJ 98.5 SVT Silver Frost
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
I ordered 95% of my parts from them and they are good guys. They do that for a reason, and hence the reason I didn't tell them I was doing a conversion. Its to protect their asses...

That seems stupid...how could you ever pin an accident or anything on a compnay that sells you a part?

98 E0 SVT with some stuff
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
'protect their asses' from customers complaining they got the wrong part when they in fact entered the wrong vehicle. I don't know how many times in my two year employment at AAP moronic customers gave me a wrong vehicle, I give them the 'right' part, yet its my fault for the 'wrong' part....

Also, typically in the aftermarket world, when you start mixing and matching parts it voids the warranty.

Originally posted by stilov:
Originally posted by RTStabler51:

That seems stupid...how could you ever pin an accident or anything on a compnay that sells you a part?

Ryan Trollin!
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Right, but by my stating that I plan on a conversion and don't have a VIN, they should be obsolved of an possible blame. Well, guess I will order from someone else

1998 SVT Contour E1, Black (Mine) - Winter 3.0 Project 2004 Sentra SE-R SpecV (Wifes) www.SuperHawkForum.com
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by procyon:
All,

Actual bolt engineering part number did not change. The service part number (4th digit is always Z) changed to reflect packaging change:
4F1Z-6065-AA = package qty of 1
4F1Z-6065-AB = package qty of 8

So I only need to order QTY 2 of -AB for a total of 16 bolts?

K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
What if you are doing a custom hot rod with a 3L duratec engine? I would just say that next time your doing a conversion. Too many lawyers in the world make it difficult for everyone else...

Otherwise Bill Jenkins is the man...

I offer PnP Heads for all durtec's details at PnPheads.com or jesse@pnpheads.com for details.
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by kinger:
What if you are doing a custom hot rod with a 3L duratec engine? I would just say that next time your doing a conversion. Too many lawyers in the world make it difficult for everyone else...

Otherwise Bill Jenkins is the man...

I tried the online site to order from Sentry but many of the parts say to call. Guess that is what I will do

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard