Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
There seems to be a reading comprehension problem here ... TIRES.

1999 Toreador Red SVT, DOB 4/22/99, 2005 Of 2760. "Many posted questions are answered by farm boys"
G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by Marky:
There seems to be a reading comprehension problem here ... TIRES.

I believe before Bridgestone came along, Ferrari had Goodyear..anywho having the same tires would make it interesting, but then again it would be a tire manufacturer monopoly in F1

J
JB1 Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by dubkatz:

True i have never met anyone that can claim they like watching Nascar and f1. Thats like being a ford and chevy guy. Myself i will bash nacar till the day i die

i suppose i am one of the few who can truthfully claim to be a fan of racing in this thread. if it has wheels, an engine and goes around a track of any shape then i will enjoy watching it. for me, each form brings something different to the table and i like it all. i don't care if it is on water, lawn mowers, carburated pushrod small blocks, high revving turbo charged techno marvels, motorcycles, trucks, in a straight line, in a circle or zig zag all over the damn place. if somebody is racing something then i like and will watch it. hell, for that matter you could probably drop a couple of row boats in the water and get me to watch that race.

btw- i myself buy fords, three of my four vehicles have been fords including the truck i had as well as the truck i plan on buying in a couple of years but i still recognize chevy as a top notch truck and a fine choice.

it is truely a shame to see so few racing fans like my father and i

00 black/tan svt, #2052 of 2150, born 2/1/00 formerly known as my csvt "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King, Jr.
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by JB1:
Originally posted by dubkatz:

True i have never met anyone that can claim they like watching Nascar and f1. Thats like being a ford and chevy guy. Myself i will bash nacar till the day i die

i suppose i am one of the few who can truthfully claim to be a fan of racing in this thread. if it has wheels, an engine and goes around a track of any shape then i will enjoy watching it. for me, each form brings something different to the table and i like it all. i don't care if it is on water, lawn mowers, carburated pushrod small blocks, high revving turbo charged techno marvels, motorcycles, trucks, in a straight line, in a circle or zig zag all over the damn place. if somebody is racing something then i like and will watch it. hell, for that matter you could probably drop a couple of row boats in the water and get me to watch that race.

btw- i myself buy fords, three of my four vehicles have been fords including the truck i had as well as the truck i plan on buying in a couple of years but i still recognize chevy as a top notch truck and a fine choice.

it is truely a shame to see so few racing fans like my father and i

Depends on your definition of racing, by mine it has to be a competition and the winner has to be in question, F1 doesn't fit that definition IMHO. I'll watch pretty much anything. Nascar, straight line, WRC, local dirt tracks, anything. I've tried watching F1 and I don't consider it racing because the same 1 or 2 guys always win (or won before this year).

Plus the USGP left a sour taste in my mouth just as F1 was starting to become interesting in my mind.

If a sanctioning body wants to screw somebody, screw the drivers, screw the track owners, screw the teams, I don't care. But as soon as you think you can screw the fans, you've lost all reason for existing, and you have lost your revenue, and the reason for the advertising. This means no mega-million dollar budgets and that means back to obscurity if you continue to exist at all.

Again, just my opinion but why should I support a racing series who tried to screw me or someone just like me?

Ryan '99 T-Red SVT, KKM, Borla, 1387 of 2760 '92 T-Red F-150 Flareside 4.9, 5 spd '94 Geo Prizm, it was cheap
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by rmcd79:

Plus the USGP left a sour taste in my mouth just as F1 was starting to become interesting in my mind.

If a sanctioning body wants to screw somebody, screw the drivers, screw the track owners, screw the teams, I don't care. But as soon as you think you can screw the fans, you've lost all reason for existing, and you have lost your revenue, and the reason for the advertising. This means no mega-million dollar budgets and that means back to obscurity if you continue to exist at all.

Again, just my opinion but why should I support a racing series who tried to screw me or someone just like me?

I agree almost 100% with you, For the last few years my biggest goal was to go to the usgp, now it will be years before i do go, if ever. That doesnt stop me from being a fan of the most sophistacated(spelling) cars on earth.
In regards to the other guy posting about being a fan of all motor sports, thats awesome. The term "nascar bashing" is probably not the right term for people to use. I respect nacar for what it is. The drivers have alot of talent and the cars are faster than they have ever been, but what i dont like about it is theres zero real technology in it. When it comes down to it there tube chasis, pushrod, carberated, dinosars. I love cars and racing cause every year new things come out. Im a techno weenie. Thats why i bought a contour, and not a old 5.0 mustang. So i mean no disrespect to anyone who loves there nascar(even the guy who shaved jeff gordons # in his back hair )
and if nascar was the only motorsports on tv id prob be watching it everyday too

98 csvt t-red.. sho-shop intake, b&m, fidanza, spec1 clutch, Torsen, DMD,optimized Y& TB, Brullen, rear strut bar,h&r's,17" konig traffik's. "I say what I mean and I do what i say"
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard