Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
butane Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
B
"Okay, let's go back to the basics. Check coolant strength (buy $5 tester from autoparts store). Then check the temperature gauge"

I think the coolant strenght should be ok since i paid $70.00 to strass auto to do it.

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by butane:
..I think the coolant strenght should be ok since i paid $70.00 to strass auto to do it.

Ford charges more and some have reported that the coolant is very weak (the $5 tester is a good cheap investment and you will use it more than once)

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
Butane,

so far, I've seen numerous suggestions of things to try. the only responses I have seen from you are "I know it isn't that" or "there isn't any air" (how do you know??) or "I think it should...."

The point is... if you don't know what it is, you can't possibly know what it isn't.

You are stating that there IS no air in the system, but you were asking about whether or not it burps over time (indicating that you were under the ASSUMPTION it would have no air...)

People can only offer so many solutions, but if they are ALL shot down by you simply by reading and replying, instead of getting out there and trying it (even if you think it "should" be fine) then people are going to run out of ideas REALLY quick..

So.. I suggest the following:

check the strength.
Check for air in the system my manually massaging the hoses as described above.
check the coolant fan operation (high and low)

We'll go from there when you say you've done those things..

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

B
butane Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
B
â??so far, I've seen numerous suggestions of things to try. the only responses I have seen from you are "I know it isn't that" or "there isn't any air" (how do you know??) or "I think it should...."
The point is... if you don't know what it is, you can't possibly know what it isn't.
You are stating that there IS no air in the system, but you were asking about whether or not it burps over time (indicating that you were under the ASSUMPTION it would have no air...)
People can only offer so many solutions, but if they are ALL shot down by you simply by reading and replying, instead of getting out there and trying it (even if you think it "should" be fine) then people are going to run out of ideas REALLY quick..
So.. I suggest the following:
check the strength.
Check for air in the system my manually massaging the hoses as described above.
Check the coolant fan operation (high and low)

We'll go from there when you say you've done those things�

Ray, no need to get personal nowâ?¦.
I have tried nearly everything what members tell me to doâ?¦when I say â??no air in the systemâ?, I actually massaged the hose pipes for 30 mins, not only that, I went to a friend who has a device where they vacuum air out, and guess what, there was no air in the system. Therefore I just provide feedback on what is going on!

I have checked the high and low speed fan operation by jumping 3 and 5 etc. The only ASSUMPTION here I see is that you decide on behalf of everyone on what to say! I am not being a smart ass; I know u too are only trying to help.

About the coolant strength suggestion from Tony, I didnâ??t know garages (Ford) would actually charge someone and use diluted coolant. Hence my replay was â??I think the coolant strength should be ok since I paid $70.00 to strass auto to do it.â?

After reading tony's reply, I will buy the tester from AutoZone!

R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
I have rather thick e-skin.. no worries.

You are right.. I assumed you hadn't actually checked the air in the system, or tried massaging the system, as you only replid with "there is no air", and not "well.. tried that, and no luck... no air.." or anything.. so..

for that, I apologize... good deal on the tester.. I am PERSONALLY thinking it may be a sticking thermo, or PERHAPS a failING WP.. (though VERY rare on the Zetec.)

Edit: wrong person. was answering a PM on here! lol..
So, as it stands now, you haven't replaced the ECT, but you pulled it and the fan runs fine when you pull it?

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

B
butane Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
B
i have already flushed the coolant, changed the termostat, changed the ect sensor, checked circuit for green and black relay all seems ok.

didnt get you ray???

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard