Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by crappywheelhop:
Originally posted by Hodge Podge:
i know a high end alarm system will be in the future...

Don't go with the alarm, total waste of money, everyone always pissed at you cause it goes off all the time. It doesnt actually 'deture' anyone from messing with your car, and not to mention all the electrical problems you can potentially have.

I [censored] hate alarm systems to no end.

Yep, I hate them too and always go out of my way to ignore one which sounds, except when it is mine.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Online Content
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I have a paging alarm for that reason. I wouldn't bother with an alarm that didn't notify me personally. (Granted it doesn't exactly work when I'm in a steel building or too far away from the car, but what can you do ) ... I only wish I had an alarm that could text my phone or something ...

M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Would an alarm even go off if someone keyed it?

2000 Contour SE
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Majisto:
Would an alarm even go off if someone keyed it?

Some would go off even with the slightest vibration (heavy wind, rain, or thunder). Used to have a neighbor with a car which would go off with the slightest vibration, in the middle of the night. My solution was to wear earplugs at night and ignore during the day.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Just wanted to say I'm sorry to hear about your car. This has always been my worst fear. I would rather get my ass kicked instead of my car getting keyed, because my cuts will heal at least.

It's always been my opinion that any guy who keys another mans ride should have his nuts cut off with the same key used to deface the car. Maybe its a bit extreme, but maybe car keyings would be on the decline after this became common practice. I hate cowards.

96 Contour GL 2.0L MTX with Early SE 7 spoke wheels, SE sideskirts, Koni Sport Kit 70 Mustang Sportsroof with mild 351W and '01 Mustang GT wheels
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
your insurance company will want you to have filed a police report, so you had better do it. when a car is completely keyed, the insurance company often thinks the person did it on purpose to get a free paint job. especially if youre young and you drive a fixed up car. it's practically a friggin formula to them. this happened to my wife's car and the insurance company claimed "abetterment of paint" cuz the car was about 5 years old and discounted how much they would cover it. good thing my body-guy marked it up especially for those rat bastids so it was all covered anyway.

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

H
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
H
I am 18, and my car is "fixed up". are you telling me that they are gonna try to pin it on me? if so, thas jus fantastic. i plan on filing a police report as soon as i get a day off work and have 2 mins to spare. but now that you say that, i dont really see what the point it. im sure they would pin it on me. i mean...my brakes went out on my last csvt...it was totalled. i posted it on here then. insurance company doesnt do [censored], hell...i only had the car 10 days!!! but....thas life, ive gotten used to it. lets see how they try to screw me over this time....

Slow ass svt
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
my preimum didnt go up when my SVT got broken into... it happened when the car was not running and i wasnt there so comprehensive WILL cover it with no rise in your rates..

Mark 1998 T-Red SVT -Needs more Go 1999 Light Prairie Tan, Se Zetec www.cardomain.com/id/tour4reak
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard