Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
H
Im at my lil bros varsity football game this past friday night. They won by like 40 points. I get back to my car, and notice(in the dark) a scratch on my driver side door. I go off, thinking someone had hit my car with their door. I couldnt see very well so I went home. Next morning I go out to take a look in the light, and I see it. 7, deep, to the metal, swirly, key lines...from the headlighs to the tail lights. By stomach sunk like a rock. Apparently some lil punk thought he would show me up and [censored] with my car. And there is not a g'damn thing I can do about it. Im sure its jus cause people get jealous...i dono. Its been very hard but Ive gotten over it and Im ready to fix it. What I would like to know is what do I do from here. I cant claim it with my insurance company, I cant afford my premium to go up. I didnt even bother getting a police report, its not going to accomplish anything. I guess Im jus gonna need a complete new paint job. The whole driver side of the car is done up. And if I jus paint that side then the other half will look [censored] up. Anyone know what kinda $ something like this would cost me? Or have experience with getting "keyed". Id really appreciate it. I have pics if you would like to see it. I know you are all car enthusiast so Im trusting I wont get flammed and made fun of for this. Its the feeling you can only get once it happens to YOUR precious car. Im sure you all understand how much this sucks. Thank you, please help me out people.

peace

Slow ass svt
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
that totally sucks man. pisses me off

1999 Ford Contour SE Zetec with 137k miles. AIM Name: ContourAlf Yahoo IM: Contour_Freak
H
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
H
ya....ive been rather depressed. cause it happened, and i dono how i should go about fixing it. i know a high end alarm system will be in the future...

Slow ass svt
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
You should always get bare metal covered immediately.

3M makes this sanding pen thing that will get down into the scratch, then some anti-rust primer and paint to cover. (even just temporarily)

If rust gets a grip you will have to sand down and feather the whole side of the car to re-paint.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" -George Santayana
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Hodge Podge:
and i dono how i should go about fixing it.

Sorry about that. If you are sending it in to a body shop, they can usually match the color well enough to just repaint the one side. But you are looking at about $1K to have it done right by a reputable shop. They can usually buff up the rest to match the new painted side.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Just claim it on your insurance. Your premiums will probably go up, but this is the type of situation comprehensive coverage is for. Get the insurance company to appraise it and send you a check for the quoted cost of repair minus your deductable. Shop around for a good body shop with your cash. Dont mention the insurance company and you should be ok. Someone hit our company car and that is how I handled the claim. The insurance company quoted somehwere between 3-4K. I got the check minus the deductable and was able to find a shop to repair it without having to spend extra cash. I even found one shop that could do the job and it would cost $1000 less than the check the insurance company sent me.

You could also try and find an automotive college in your area and have their students fix the damage. They would only charge you for parts and supplies. It could work as a temporary fix until you got a pro to do it. You might get lucky and the school does a really good job.

Originally posted by Who the F are You?:
does your family tree not have any branches on it?

99SVT 235hp @ 6550rpm 212tq @ 5350rpm
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D

That really really really sucks man! My ex did that to my 90 Mustang GT and I'm still pissed at her about it 10 years later.

That's just so wrong messing up someone's car like that, what a good for nothing gesture that is.

98 Contour V6 MTX, T-Red, 150k mi. Pic SVT Dual Exhaust, KKM Intake, Donnely Mirror, Dension DMP3 Player w/80GB of MP3s, Wheelskin 95 F-150 91 Mustang GT 06 Honda Shadow Aero
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
i recieved two large door dings(dents with scratches) at a funeral. a funeral. of all places. pisses me off how ppl have no respect . i hope you find out who did it. and if you do. tear him a new one!

98 CSVT t-red 1737# cf1 Cowl hood Centerline Storms CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15 WTB- Vortech S/C kit/ADC Turbo Kit
M
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
M
i feel for you bro,
went to a party in daly city, ca. some ashole kicked my driver side fender. i mean, really dented in in. and u know its some thug. anyways, since i wanted to get even and no one to do it to, i bought the svt bumpers, skirts, grills, and took it to a shop since their gona fix my fender anyway... this was back in 98, made my SE to a SVT look alike.

C
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by Hodge Podge:
i know a high end alarm system will be in the future...

Don't go with the alarm, total waste of money, everyone always pissed at you cause it goes off all the time. It doesnt actually 'deture' anyone from messing with your car, and not to mention all the electrical problems you can potentially have.

I [censored] hate alarm systems to no end.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard