Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
H
Im at my lil bros varsity football game this past friday night. They won by like 40 points. I get back to my car, and notice(in the dark) a scratch on my driver side door. I go off, thinking someone had hit my car with their door. I couldnt see very well so I went home. Next morning I go out to take a look in the light, and I see it. 7, deep, to the metal, swirly, key lines...from the headlighs to the tail lights. By stomach sunk like a rock. Apparently some lil punk thought he would show me up and [censored] with my car. And there is not a g'damn thing I can do about it. Im sure its jus cause people get jealous...i dono. Its been very hard but Ive gotten over it and Im ready to fix it. What I would like to know is what do I do from here. I cant claim it with my insurance company, I cant afford my premium to go up. I didnt even bother getting a police report, its not going to accomplish anything. I guess Im jus gonna need a complete new paint job. The whole driver side of the car is done up. And if I jus paint that side then the other half will look [censored] up. Anyone know what kinda $ something like this would cost me? Or have experience with getting "keyed". Id really appreciate it. I have pics if you would like to see it. I know you are all car enthusiast so Im trusting I wont get flammed and made fun of for this. Its the feeling you can only get once it happens to YOUR precious car. Im sure you all understand how much this sucks. Thank you, please help me out people.

peace

Slow ass svt
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
that is terrible. it sucks when other poeple mess with other peoples ::NICE:: things with little reguard.

kevin m 98 T-red mystique gs zetec ATX | my ride |
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
Are u sure your pre,iums will go up? I'm not sure about vandalism but I've gotten in 2 accidents, one where I had to get my car fixed up, and my premiums didn't go up any. My insurance even paid over $2000 to fix up my car. But vandalism could be some different rules. Neway, that sucks dude, hope everything works out 4 ya.

Champagne 1995 Ford Contour LX R.I.P. - 7/11/06 V6 2.5L 24v DOHC Oversized System
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Sorry to hear about your damage!

Under my insurance this type of damage falls under comprehensive. With my company there is no rate increase for using this part of the coverage.
You really should look into this with your insurance carrier.
Good luck! I hope you get everything fixed quickly!

EDIT: Watch the double posting. I just saw that this is posted in the troubleshooting forum also.

Last edited by LUCA; 09/06/05 07:05 PM.
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
sorry to hear that. I recently discovered a rock in my back seat that had entered via my back window. Cost me $270 out of my pocket. However, i did learn from this and i have promptly added comprehensive coverage incase of a keying (custom paint) or something. Defineatly look into the insurance route

1998.5 Diamond White Pearl SVT (#4725) custom exhaust/intake k&N/mod'ed y-pipe slotted rotors/greenstuff pads/SS lines cougar trans/FSVT shift tower/Torsen 16lb. flywheel 18" Velox VX-8's with some rubba bands
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Online Content
Hard-core CEG'er
R
My car hasn't been keyed, but my sister it through bushes which accomplished basically the same effect aesthetically. She also scraped a stone wall, yielding a giant mark on the front bumper that makes it look like I'm inept at driving, and her ex-boyfriend's dog jumped on the driver's side numerous times, scratching those doors. All in less than a year of her driving it ... basically my entire car needs a repaint. (There are also two scrapes in the front passenger side door that occurred when I was driving -- one car hit me, and something random hit me that to this day I have no idea what or how, although I do know when ... a tiny scrape in the rear bumper from me in the first month of driving it, and some scratches when my dad backed into me in the driveway.)

G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
That sounds nauseating.

Champagne 1995 Ford Contour LX R.I.P. - 7/11/06 V6 2.5L 24v DOHC Oversized System
M
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
M
Sad world indeed. As owner of an auto custimization shop, we do many one off parts, colors, designs on a daily basis. Being in the orlando area, many people seek my work and drive thier cars, they aren't some "trailer queen" custom car. And many of occasions, grafity and vandalism are a big factor and have happened many timed on some my custom cars. Obviiously, they must come back to me for repairs as the car is unique. Now, these peopel have full coverage and are like everyother person. And I can HONESTLY tell you, NO ONE who has brought their car back to me with an insurance claim for vandalism has EVER received a dime in increase as that is a claim of comprehensive.. not collision. Comprehensive is acts of God or others that happen and do not envolve your "good name". So... call your insuranc eprovider, tell them the events, get a police report if needed, pay your 100 dollar or so deductable and get a new paint job.

2005 Magnum R/T Custom with Suicide doors, audio, hood, etc. 2000 Contour SVT with less than 150 original miles. Putting the "G" back in "Bling".
H
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
H
ya, thanx for your help everybody. im guessing you all understand what im going through. thats a relief that my insurance might not go up. problem is my detuctable is 500 dollars . owel, its better than paying for a whole new paint job eh? thanx all. ill get back on what turns out.

Slow ass svt
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Thats sad. People messing with other peoples stuff. My car has been keyed as well, but no where near as long as yours. I have about a foot long deep scratch in my drivers side door. People just have no respect these days...

I wish ya the best with your paint man...

2000 Contour SVT SF - #542 of 2150
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard