Page 10 of 28 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 27 28
#1376961 09/05/05 01:18 AM
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by 98Ford2L:
Originally posted by Pudmunkie:

You can also tell who is able to be reasonable, view points from other peoples postions, and be considerate of other opinions. IE. the people I'd like to talk with. I applaud antonio, jedscontour, sigma, and a few others for this, Those of you who are blindly telling people they are wrong for having an opinion (Woodencross).

Opinions are like....

So their opinions (antonio, jedscontour, sigma etc..) on evolution and religion are ok, but because mine are different I'm wrong for disagreeing? I'm not trying blindly hold to a point, it's just that they don't agree with me, and I don't agree with them.

I dont really care what their opinions, or yours are on the subject. I was merley pointing out that many have been civil in the matter, where as others have been rather arrogant and stupid. Not even trying to listen to others.... well I guess its mostly just woodencross, but some others also.

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
#1376962 09/05/05 01:22 AM
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by BP:
so it's ok for God to kill as long as there's a good reason?

at this point you'll either keep piling it wider and deeper, or you'll accept that context of the entire passage/story must be kept intact.

Like I said, God does not kill anymore, nor does he command us to. If you would like to understand the Bible and not what you want it to say, I am here to help.

- Tim
#1376963 09/05/05 01:27 AM
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by Woodencross:
Because SCIENCE (dead sea scrolls, etc) have shown that the translation that we have today is ACCURATE when compared to the original text.

And you know this how? You witnessed it yourself in a previous life? No, It's because somebody TOLD you to believe it! It's called "blind faith" for that reason. There is nothing there you can put your finger on. Except the bible, which I have one too, and can put MY finger on an issue of Playboy just as easily! I saw a bumper sticker today that sumed up blind faith it read;
The big bang theory, God spoke and BANG! it happened! Sounds a little "blind" to me. Look, It's not that I don't believe in a superior being, it's that a lot of us think (me included) there's more to it than that. Science PROVES there's more to it than that. All one has to do is look at birds, frogs/tadpoles, and cavemen to know there is more to it than just creationism.
To believe otherwise is indeed blind faith.

All right, if you prefer a little more meat with your potatoes then start doing some research on this topic. Go seek out the scientific findings on the Dead Sea Scrolls, and on other proof of the validity of the scripture. There has never been a time in our existence that God has asked us to believe in Him on blind faith. He says to put it to the test, find out the truth. And SCIENCE is proving the scriptures on a daily basis. I don't need BLIND FAITH to believe in my God. I look around at this world and see all I need to see to believe that something created it. I start doing some minor research and quickly find that scripture is true, and valid.

I have done plenty.

As for your pastor, man......I don't know what to say besides the fact that even pastors are human and are imperfect. I'm sorry you were raised with that, but if you would go read the Bible, I challenge you to find a blind faith passage in there.

Since neither you or I where there when it was writen to verify the authenticity of the document, it IS blind faith, nothing more nothing less. Sorry, you cannot prove otherwise and all your ranting and raving will not change that.

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats".--H.L. Mencken Bumper sticker, OXYMORON #65 - Liberal Thinker
#1376964 09/05/05 02:26 AM
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Corbett:

Like I said, God does not kill anymore, nor does he command us to. If you would like to understand the Bible and not what you want it to say, I am here to help.

wider and deeper it is then. no thanks, i don't have my boots with me today.

'03 Saab 9-5 Aero
#1376965 09/05/05 02:54 AM
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by BP:

I like how you are quick to believe what your Muslim schollar friends say, yet won't even discuss what the Bible actually says.

It's really quite simple. You are ignorant of what the Bible says.

- Tim
#1376966 09/05/05 03:29 AM
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by BP:

I like how you are quick to believe what your Muslim schollar friends say, yet won't even discuss what the Bible actually says.

It's really quite simple. You are ignorant of what the Bible says.

i know a lot more about the bible than about the koran and i suspect the same goes for you. the difference is i rely on people who know the koran to explain context and meaning, just like you rely on your pastor/spiritual leader to explain context and meaning of bible scripture.

the problem is you and others are ignorant to context and meaning as it relates to the koran, so you turn around and use this ignorance to brand islam as promoting violence or as terroristic religion.

and that's all i have to say about that. /gump /thread jack

'03 Saab 9-5 Aero
#1376967 09/05/05 03:33 AM
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by BP:
the problem is you and others are ignorant to context and meaning as it relates to the koran, so you turn around and use this ignorance to brand islam as promoting violence or as terroristic religion.

And I would have to say you are the same way about the Bible.

- Tim
#1376968 09/05/05 03:34 AM
S
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by ancientsanskrit:
Dirt+Water = Life? Nope. Rather, carbon, oxygen, hydrogen, and nitrogen compounds with electrcity and we're getting somewhere. Scientists proved this method to create organic chemicals a century ago. Creationists can't hide the facts that these experiments hold physical proof.

So wait, these scientist took those chemicals, made an ideal atmosphere, and with a little electricity they created life, proof of evolution right? No, not at all. He made some amino acids. Thats like creating a brick and saying you've pretty much showed you can build a house.

Now, amino acids are very important, but thats a long way from a cell. As these amino groups swirl in their puddle some of them will bond into a chain, hundred of molecules long, in the perfect order to create the necessary protein. Well, a lot of necessary proteins. Now these can all come together to create the cell. But there are still so many more necessary chemicals.

Let's just say they were all there. The problem is many would react with each, or the atmosphere. Some would also precipitate out of solution. Certain amino acids are even destroy by the suns UV rays. Oh yeah I forgot to mention Miller didn't succeed in creating all the needed amino acids.

So that's what I think of the experiment in a nutshell. It proves nothing at all.

#1376969 09/05/05 04:03 AM
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by steve-o reborn:

So wait, these scientist took those chemicals, made an ideal atmosphere, and with a little electricity they created life, proof of evolution right? No, not at all. He made some amino acids. Thats like creating a brick and saying you've pretty much showed you can build a house.

Now, amino acids are very important, but thats a long way from a cell. As these amino groups swirl in their puddle some of them will bond into a chain, hundred of molecules long, in the perfect order to create the necessary protein. Well, a lot of necessary proteins. Now these can all come together to create the cell. But there are still so many more necessary chemicals.

Let's just say they were all there. The problem is many would react with each, or the atmosphere. Some would also precipitate out of solution. Certain amino acids are even destroy by the suns UV rays. Oh yeah I forgot to mention Miller didn't succeed in creating all the needed amino acids.

So that's what I think of the experiment in a nutshell. It proves nothing at all.

Firstly, touch�© on knowing the Miller/Urey experiment. However, this discovery led to the formation of Hydrogen Cyanide, Ammonia, and most importantly, Adenine. Yep, that's right a nucleotide base quite important to RNA/DNA, namely RNA. Then later we can discuss basic to complex organisms--the endosymbiotic theory.

99 Black Contour SE Sport
#1376970 09/05/05 04:08 AM
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by BP:

And I would have to say you are the same way about the Bible.

no, i'm not a religious extremist like you. the difference is i understand that context and meaning of scripture in both the bible AND the koran can be bastardized by people with an agenda or point to prove. that difference seems to escape comprehension by you and other religious extremist who say the koran/islam promotes violence/terrorism.

'03 Saab 9-5 Aero
Page 10 of 28 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard