Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
I am thinking about getting a mazda 3 to replace the CSVT. I was originally going to go with a CRV (we have large dogs and I need haul stuff for work events) but the enthusiast side of me is saying I will get bored of it.

I've been looking again at the 3. I like the standard 3, it lacks a little power. But it gets decent milage. I've been reading about rumors of a turbo 3 that might be released early 2006 that will put out 200+ hp, something I would be more interested in.
Now, do I wait for the turbo 3, and will it be worth the extra $$$$...I am assuming it will be priced near the SRT-4, SIR civic etc. Anyone have any more info on it, if and when this might hit showrooms etc. I've enquired about it at the dealer and they seem clueless. Then again, I normally walk in knowing more about the cars they sell than they seem to do...lol.
Also, any owner experience with these cars good and bad?
Thanks

C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
You could pick up a used MS Protege/3 instead of waiting for the new one, is that an option?

Best Regards, HitchHiker 05 Altima SE-R - smoke, 6-spd - Fujita CAI Best stock times: 1/4: 14.366 @ 98.99MPH - 2.366 60 ft 1/8: 9.373 @ 79.84MPH - 2.366 60 ft
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
I did consider that, but with used car financing being what it is, it doesn't pay to buy a slightly used model over a new one because you end up paying more for the borrowing anyway. If I go with a turbo model, should one actually be released, I would buy new as people tend to drive them. Although I did buy my SVT used.....hmmmm

X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
I am asking the same thing. By the time I lookinto replacing my tour as the DD I hope that a turbo MS3 is available! It definitely keep the 3 as an option for me.

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B

For Sale: - Sony PSP with a Baseball 2k6 and the movie Crash. $100 - 1973 Karmann Ghia Convertible w/ Auto-Stick. Needs Restoration. $1200 OBO
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
I just recently bought the MS Protege. It was still new enough (2003) that I was able to get new car financing rates on it (3.49%?) if you look around you will find that some places will loan at the same rate for a newer used car as they will for a new car.

For user reviews and information about the Mazda3 and MS3 check out the mazda 3 section at MSprotege.com
http://www.msprotege.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=142

I drove the 3 before I bought my MSP and I was not impressed with it. I thought the focus ST was a better car than the Mazda 3.

Beaten - 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege 29K <- broken hearted Daily/Weekend Beater - 1990 miata 138K - AutoX every weekend = Adult driven on weekends
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
I think the 626 is Mazda's best all-around solid car. My girlfriend just got a '99 4-cylinder, but a 5-speed V-6 is not slow. It's a bit larger, but I think that's a good thing. The Protege is a nice car and so is the 3, but I still like the 626. Just don't get an automatic 4-cylinder. It has the CD4E. The V-6 does not...

2000 Contour SE
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
I've heard that there have been a few issues with the 2.3 in the 3. So I am hoping they have them worked out when I finally get to buy mine. I am a big fan of the stying over the 5, and I am thinking of owning the 3 for a good 8 years, or until I am tired of it (which normally is sooner than I would like with most cars) otherwise I wouldn't consider a new one.

T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
If you want something CRV size, but with more sport. Wat about the Mazda 5? It's based on the 3, with sliding doors like a minivan, and even has three row seating, but it is NOT a minivan. When I test drove one, I liked it alot. It wasn't as sport tuned as the CSVT, but made up for that with all the extra room. The price was unbelivable: $18K, with every option available, including automatic (It was for the wife), sunroof, and navigation!

If only this 6'8" body of mine fit into it a little better. The only place I could actually sit in the car was the Drivers seat.

Edit: I forgot to mention, the engine is the 3s engine.

Last edited by TheAlmightyMe; 09/02/05 07:55 PM.
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
I really want to check that out...it'd be a perfect family hauler for us.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard