Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
W
W
Quote:
Originally posted by Rara:
Here is my $0.02
...I don't remember the really easy way to tell off the top of my head, but I'm sure someone will chime in with it)

It is my understanding that all fuel systems with a return system will have a larger inlet fuel line and a smaller return fuel line. On my 99 SVT I have at least the large inlet and smaller return. Also the return line generally (not always) comes off the fuel rail at the fuel pressure regulator.
Things may have changed, but look for the two different sized lines coming off the fuel rail.
You may have to pull the upper intake plenum from the car to be sure, but that is only 6 bolts, the egr, some hoses and throttle cables or T-body.
warmonger

You can call me anything you like as long as it's nice.(all lies accepted)
99 Silver Frost SVT. #226 of 2760
Engine: 3.0 power!
Unique Stuff: Sunroof control module (#1 of 9)
Car Audio: Loaded and loud!
Check them out at
http://home.earthlink.net/~twilson1726
T
T
On the oil cooler issue,if you must use an air to oil unit in place of the stoc part you need an oil stat.Cold oil will kill your motor faster than overheated oil.The stoc cooler is also a heater as the coolant flows through the heater matrix it flows through the cooler,helps warm up.No self respecting racer runs hard until the engine oil is at least 130 deg,hence heaters in dry sump tanks, catch the drift here....

V6 MTX
'Don't p**s up my back then tell me it's raining!!!"
'Its only nuts & bolts!'
'If I build it,fix it,upgrade it or modify it...MAYBE they will come....!
Haines Motor Sports Inc,
Dealer for 'Quaife America' & 'Autotech Sport Tuning'
SOLE USA Dealer for the American Axle 'AUSSIE BAR'...
Get a Turbo for you Zetec from HMS Inc...by 'The Demon' ...www.DemonDynamics.co.uk
..don't talk about it DO IT !!!
C
Administrator
Administrator
C
Quote:
Originally posted by Terry Haines:
On the oil cooler issue,if you must use an air to oil unit in place of the stoc part you need an oil stat.Cold oil will kill your motor faster than overheated oil.The stoc cooler is also a heater as the coolant flows through the heater matrix it flows through the cooler,helps warm up.No self respecting racer runs hard until the engine oil is at least 130 deg,hence heaters in dry sump tanks, catch the drift here....

The M5 has a moving redline on the tach. As the engine warms up, it gets higher. Pretty cool.

-Chris Hightower-
-Hightower Performance Products, LLC

(Oo.«xx».oO)
o xxxxxxxxx o
U
OP Offline
U
So where can I get one of these and how much and what brand so on so on would you all recomend and thanks for the help by the way.

99 black SVT, my other form of transportation will be an F-18
Y
Y
instaed of removing the manifold just look under the car on a lift/jack (with stands of course wink )and see if you can see two seperate line coming to/from the tank 1 will be the pressure line, the other is the return line

-Y2K SVT- BORN 1/03/2000
NOW IF ONLY HAD MONEY TO MOD IT
D
D
Quote:
Originally posted by Y2K-SVT:
instaed of removing the manifold just look under the car on a lift/jack (with stands of course wink )and see if you can see two seperate line coming to/from the tank 1 will be the pressure line, the other is the return line

Wow dude???

6+ month old post! :rolleyes:

2000 SVT #674 - Check it out!

Whoever coined the phrase; "If it ain't broke; don't fix it" ~ Just doesn't get it...
S
S
Bro you can actually just look in the engine bay to see if it's got a return line. If you see 2 steel, polish looking lines you've got the return, it's below the intake area and above the trans, basically between there, heading right to the injectors....

Performance Xpress Racing
Silverbulitt@msn.com

Our websit www.PXRacing.com is coming soon!!

We carry Contour/Cougar parts for the 2.5 Duratech and 2.0 Zetec
S
S
What else do you need to do the job? An account with UPS to ship it back and forth to Vortech cheap, as it is going to break...hahaha

R

98 V6 Lots-o-mods SOLD
88 Daytona Shelby Z TII (The beast)
87 Daytona Shelby Z TII (Holy 20 psi of boost batman!)
Mods- 3" Downpipe, Hi-Flow cat, 3" mandrel bent exhaust with Dynomax Ultra flow. Manual boost controller, TurboXS blowoff, 5th injector, large canister wastegate, Nitrous Express go-fast-be-happy kit, ported exhaust manifold, ported intake manifold, upgraded motormounts, eibach springs, strut tower brace. Oh and 20 PSI to boot.. my oh my...
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard