Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
C
everytime i am in a store, this thing haunts me....and i am getting closer and closer to wanting the opprotunity to wash my car fast sometimes...

i did some searching and saw a couple of mentions of people using zaino car wash in the system with no problems?

i use meguairs nxt stuff and was wondering if anyone else had tried different soaps in the system and how it worked?

thanks

--Chris-- 1999 Silver Frost SVT #1671 of #2760
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
I use armor all car gel in it...seems to work good

1998.5 SVT contour #5979 3L 1995 Mercury Mystique 2.5L auto, all ghetto fo sho
C
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
C
cool, so far that is two different brands being used in the auto dry.....thanks....

--Chris-- 1999 Silver Frost SVT #1671 of #2760
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
i thought i remember reading on here or somewhere that someone used some different soap and it messed the thing up and it spit out dried up soap or something like that....i also wonder because i've been thinking about buying one myself...

new,new ride! '99 svt black/mnb '95 mustang gt sold! '98 svt #800 sold!
D
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
D
IIRC just dont use a soap thats really thick...or something. ive used like 3 different kinds in mine that all have about the same consistancy (sp?) and it works fine. turtle wax, meguires, and something else...its outside atm but im lazy.

Goonz12: <---tries on mommy's cloths
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
if nothing else, you could just use the auto-dry for those days where you have a half-hour, and noticed you parked under a tree housing a sick bird and just need it to look better, not perty

1995 SE 2.5L V6/MTX 187k
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
I've used Meguiar's Deep Crystal soap in my Auto Dry with no issues. NXT soap is thicker, so it may require some diluting.

1999 Contour SVT #1966/2760, Silver Frost/Midnight Blue Koni Kit, Mille Miglia MM-S rims, B&M shifter, Stazi mesh, SFCs, optimized Y-pipe & TB, SS break lines, K&N drop-in, Infinity Kappa speakers, MTX amp/sub
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
How many uses are the filters good for?

Is the 'Pro Series' model worth the extra $$$?

Thanks
Bridge

CSVT Feels Like Heaven Goes Like Hell Profile
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
i like my pro series i had the other one to but the pro has an extra setting where you can spray things off you car that the other setting wont , just a high pressusre nozzle, but i dont see why you guys would use other soap ??? just use the stuff that it is supposed to , i also think that it helps in the car drying off properly without having to dry to dry it by hand

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by chrisilversvt:
i thought i remember reading on here or somewhere that someone used some different soap and it messed the thing up and it spit out dried up soap or something like that....i also wonder because i've been thinking about buying one myself...

I belive this person used either dish soap or laundry detergent, if I can remember right.

I've used that Turtle Wax Cheap car wash soap, Eagle 1's Car wash concentrate, and even GM's Car wash Concentrate in the Mr Clean thing... they all work great.

The ONLY thing I find is the water doesn't seem to sheet off AS quickly (mayeb a an aditional minute) when using anything but the Soap it came with.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard