Next Thread
Print Thread
#1351592 08/03/05 05:56 PM
S
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
Ok so i was changing my spark plugs today and i noticed on some of the spark plugs in the front and back had some small amount of oil on them. I feel that it is a leaking seal but which seal could it most likely be? Or is it something else? I was having a hesitation problem at low rpm and figured it was the plugs or the wires. (Just hope its not the wires because i just bought them in the last group buy they had)Your help is appreciated.
thanks

RED 98 3L SVT Contour Mods: 3 Liter block,DMD,Magencor Wires,resonator removed,Borla exaust,mystery mod,BAT Handling Kit,and extras
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Is it "wet" oil or does it resemble carbon? Do you think the oil ran down the threads from the plug well and wet up the plugs as you were removing them? Usually plugs wet with oil means the rings are worn. Valve stem seals and guides will usually burn up and leave puffy oil deposits. Have someone ride behind you as an observer. Get on the gas then let off on it suddenly. If smoke comes out when gassing it, it's the rings. If it smokes when off, it's the valve stem or seals. Vacuum is high when off the throttle so the engine sucks the oil from the guides.

S
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
There was oil in there but not on the inside. I will try what you said. thanks alot

RED 98 3L SVT Contour Mods: 3 Liter block,DMD,Magencor Wires,resonator removed,Borla exaust,mystery mod,BAT Handling Kit,and extras
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Oil on the outside part of the plug usually come from the spark plug well gasket part of the valve cover gasket.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard