Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
H
I had a mirko splitter for about over a year. Everything had been fine. To make a short story short, it was destroyed and it really messed up my stock bumper cover while it was at it. Is it even possible to get a new SVT front bumper cover. I looked but it always says "2000 ford contour SVT from bumper cover: except svt" what the hell does that mean? IF anyone knows of a way to get a new one, please let me know. And if not that, i will need to buy a used one from someone...but who would be selling these any way? lemme hear it. thanx ya

peace

Slow ass svt
O
OB1 Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
O
A guy named testdr or something has one posted in the classifieds, under Body/suspension..etc. Might look him up!

I don't "mod" I just fix what breaks! 98 CSVT #2527 T-Red (Limping) 98 CSVT #2228 T-Red (Donor) 98 SE Sport ATX V6 (Running again) If swimming is good for your figure, explain whales to me!
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Not to mention, all SVT front bumpers will fit all 98+ model year Contours.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Where are you located in Ohio? Yes, this question is relevent...

1999 Sportage 4x4...don't go there, it was free ....______o_o .../_l l__\____\ ..|--l l__----[]\|/[] .....................oo =( )_)----( )_)--)_)
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
NO companies make brand new aftermarket SVT bumpers. The only way to get a brand new one is from Ford and its expensive. There are companies that sell remanufactured SVT bumpers. Which means they fix broken bumpers and then sell them. You could also try a junkyard, though it's hard to find one. Check out http://www.car-part.com

'98 Contour Pacific Green(Modded) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/676416 FS:'98-00 Contour front bumper.Brand new unused (Non-SVT)
H
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
H
I am in columbus ohio, the bumper it self is not bad...it has an enormous crack on it do to the hit, but its the grill thats the problem, it got smashed, crushed, mangled and everything else. I am going to take it out and put in some chicken wire...but ill tell you, that grill is hard as FUQ to take out. im guessing its easier to jus take the whole bumper off isnt it? also, what are those two plastic things to the sides of the radiator, they are connected to the grill. I remember them being on my old svt, but they slid left and right...hmm?
thanx ya, going back out to try n fix it...

Slow ass svt
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Not to hijack the thread or anything,but I don't know much about the "pre98 SVT" bumpers. What's the deal with those? I want an SVT front bumper on my '95. What's the difference between a pre and post98 SVT bumper,other than the bit where it has to meet up with the grille and headlights on the pre98s?

'95 CGL ZMTX - DOB: 8/94 - Daily Driver - 271k & counting - Ractive muffler,MSD ignition coil,KEM 8mm wires,Pre98 SE 7 spoke rims,KVR CF brake pads,Post98 sail panels,Sony Xplod HU,Pioneer 3-way 6x9's '89 Mazda B2200 - Under Construction
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Hodge Podge:
also, what are those two plastic things to the sides of the radiator, they are connected to the grill. I remember them being on my old svt, but they slid left and right...hmm?
thanx ya, going back out to try n fix it...

They are called air deflectors. I can't remember what they do. Maybe someone else can chime in.

Last edited by PacificTourGL; 08/08/05 03:24 AM.

'98 Contour Pacific Green(Modded) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/676416 FS:'98-00 Contour front bumper.Brand new unused (Non-SVT)
N
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
N
Originally posted by SleeperTour:
Not to hijack the thread or anything,but I don't know much about the "pre98 SVT" bumpers. What's the deal with those? I want an SVT front bumper on my '95. What's the difference between a pre and post98 SVT bumper,other than the bit where it has to meet up with the grille and headlights on the pre98s?

FAQ

and no other differences other than what you mentioned. take a look at some pics and you can easily see.

good luck finding them. there were a couple of group buys for them. best bet would be to look in the classifieds or have one molded on there by someone for you.

1998 T-Red CSVT 3.0L
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
That totally blows that you can't get a good aftermarket bumper. Mine is trashed on the bottom from the previous owner. I want to get the car painted but don't want to spend $500 bones on the bumper cover. Oh well

1998 SVT. Silver Frost. #4076 of 6535. SOLD! http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2143175

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard