Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Yes. You are slow. You took like six months to do that darn engine, I'm only on 6 weeks.

I got all my stainless piping now, I finally got stainless O2 bungs, I'm almost done with my shift tower mods. I set a big list of things to do so it is taking a while.

Oh, I got my LC-1 finally, it is cool as hell, cuts out all of the B-crap and should feed a signal to my GReddy A/F gauge so that I have a nice looking Analog wideband guage in the cockpit. Everyone sells crap or digital readouts. The GReddy is the only one I know of that has a nice analog readout, peak hold with warning light and matches the SVT gauges in the car.

Oh, and yes I see what you are saying about the cap and throttle hang. However, I was referring to its use for moosing, not bashing its use for throttle hang at all. YOU brought up it's use as a throttle hang mod...
He's still reporting that he had moosing even with the cap.

Personnally, I'm afraid I'd overcomplicate this for people so I'm going to post this with a simple warning. Keep it simple is smart!
You just need something that will baffle the air so that it spoils its' smooth flow.
Here's how I'd make a baffle or a series of baffles:
For a sheet metal baffle, you cut out a disk the ID of the hose, with little strip radials (tabs) sticking out the four cardinals, sort of like a compass rose on a map. The tabs will be bent two down and two up, 90 degrees from the plane. The opposites would be bent the same way. Then I'd make two diagonal cuts between each radial sort of like a pizza slice but stopping short of the middle.
Then with needle nose pliers I'd turn each of the pizza slices to about 30 degrees, not away from the plane of the disk but a twist in the plane of the disk.
The idea behind this would be that the air would have to chanbge direction twice as it went through the baffle. Unfortunately I haven't tested it so it may require more baffling than that. Maybe two in series, one on each end of the hole would work fine. OR:
Might work just as well with multiple small holes drilled into the copper cap mod too.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M

New IAC=still the same,Ford anti moose fix=still the same,"ugly pipe" problem cured.

Mondeo V6 RS RS Bodykit RS Lowered SVT UIM SVT TB SVT LIM Philips 6000K HID ZENON Twin Stainless Exhaust
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Mondeo V6:
"ugly pipe" problem cured.

How long has it been (with the "ugly pipe" fix)? My fixes have the Moose coming back after a few months.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
N
Nate S Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
N
Originally posted by Tony2005:
Originally posted by Nate S:
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
An alternative that has been discussed is a 3' length of tubing to replace the tube to the IAC.

Can someone show me what tube this is?

Why don't you try the 45 degree bend hose first? (from the 97 TSB). F8RZ9H308AA about $15. And see if that helps.

I got the hose from the ford dealer. What specific tube does this replace? If someone could point this out in a picture or something that would be great

1998 T-Red CSVT 3.0L
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
An alternative that has been discussed is a 3' length of tubing to replace the tube to the IAC.

Can someone show me what tube this is?

Why don't you try the 45 degree bend hose first? (from the 97 TSB). F8RZ9H308AA about $15. And see if that helps.

I got the hose from the ford dealer. What specific tube does this replace? If someone could point this out in a picture or something that would be great

If you look at this article, it replaces the idle air hose and resonator in the "old style". From the portion near the IAC valve to the inlet duct (accordian tube).

http://www.mightyautoparts.com/pdf/articles/tt94.pdf

N
Nate S Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
N
Just an update- I put the updated hose in and the moose is GONE!
Sweeeeet, thanks guys.

1998 T-Red CSVT 3.0L
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Just an update- I put the updated hose in and the moose is GONE!
Sweeeeet, thanks guys.

Recently, I found out (from another CEGer as well as a recent post) that a hose clamp in the middle of the hose can also assist in eliminating the moose. Just tighten the clamp until you can't hear the moose anymore (just in case the moose should return to visit you ).

J
JB1 Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J

Recently, I found out (from another CEGer as well as a recent post) that a hose clamp in the middle of the hose can also assist in eliminating the moose. Just tighten the clamp until you can't hear the moose anymore (just in case the moose should return to visit you ).

very interesting. this winter i may well have to try this $0.99 fix.

00 black/tan svt, #2052 of 2150, born 2/1/00 formerly known as my csvt "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King, Jr.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard