Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
caltour Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
C
The new energy bill gives about $2 billion for developing clean alternatives to oil (solar, wind, geothermal, etc.) But it gives over $8 billion in tax breaks to oil companies for domestic oil exploration. Energy bill contains huge subsidies for the oil industry.

Questions:

1. The oil companies are making huge profits nowadays. Should ordinary taxpayers like you and me be giving them our tax dollars as well?

2. Why did the House conservatives support this bill? I can remember a long time ago, when conservatives were against corporate welfare.

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D

You know all has failed for the left when they go back to the 'Bush and his Big Oil buddies' garbage. You should be glad they're investing in American companies instead of starting new wars for oil.

EDIT: The poisoned water in California answers a lot of questions I had about you.

Last edited by Davo; 07/29/05 04:19 PM.
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by Davo:
You should be glad they're investing in American companies instead of starting new wars for oil.

There you have it from a republican. Proof that the war is not against terrorism, it is for oil.

2005 Subaru Legacy | Ban Them Forever
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by �½ * �½ = �¼:
Originally posted by Davo:
You should be glad they're investing in American companies instead of starting new wars for oil.

There you have it from a republican. Proof that the war is not against terrorism, it is for oil.

obviously you didn't pick of on Davo's sarcasm.

once again people = sarcasm

~Andrew

2001 VW Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 20 valves of fury
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
i'm all for domestic exploration. i'm also for moving away from being dependant on dino oil, but since that won't happen anytime soon, the more self-sustaining we are, the better.

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
i've mastered a way to turn semen into a useable fuel source. is that considered domestic exploration? :lol:

~Andrew

2001 VW Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 20 valves of fury
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by MxRacerCam:
i'm all for domestic exploration. i'm also for moving away from being dependant on dino oil, but since that won't happen anytime soon, the more self-sustaining we are, the better.

they should have the first mass produced hydrogen cars within the near future (10-15 years IIRC), but then again, in 1990 we'd have our first electric cars by 2000.

I dunno that this is so bad, I can't wait to get away from gasoline, and tax breaks for oil companies might lower prices, at least a little. besides, ol' W is just sympathetic, he doesn't want any oil companies going out of business now does he

1995 SE 2.5L V6/MTX 187k
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by platinum_drew:
Originally posted by MxRacerCam:

they should have the first mass produced hydrogen cars within the near future (10-15 years IIRC), but then again, in 1990 we'd have our first electric cars by 2000.

even if the first ones are produced in 10-15 years, it will take at least another 10 to get the pricing down and reliability up for them to make any sort of impact on our oil consumption. just look at hybrid development.

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
maybe. if oil is up to $7/gal, they might just run them at low-profit prices and sell massloads of them. if Ford made a few, imagine the economy boost. offer employee pricing on hydrogen cars = no more recession!

[/fantasy]

1995 SE 2.5L V6/MTX 187k
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by platinum_drew:

Done it. GM had an electric vehicle for sale in ... California. Couldn't sell them & had difficulty giving them away.

Both Ford & GM have had CNG vehicles available for fleet use for decades. Nothing new there. I dunno about Chrysler/Dodge... Mazda has been perfecting the H2 storage cell for the last 10-15 years. Might happen sooner than you think if fuel prices take another $1 per gallon jump.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard