Next Thread
Print Thread
#1347080 07/28/05 09:17 PM
C
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
C
Everybody needs to save themselves 10 dollars and stay away from Nu Finish Scratch Doctor. It didn't even look a LITTLE different. The product did absolutely nothing.

2000 CSVT Black Magna Flow Exhaust KKM True Rev Intake 17" Enkei DM5 Yokohama ES 100 215/45/17ZR Carbon fiber front and back All in all... a fat car
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
well i guess you learn from your mistakes. right

1998 Ford Contour Se 2.5 litre Silver frost
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
I wouldn't expect anything like those to match perfectly anyways. It will not completely cover the blemish as make it look like new again. Your best bet is to have the blemish buffed out if possible,and if that doesn't work,have the whole panel resprayed.

When they mix the paints for those,they mix them to the factory spec,so if you're using it on a 7 year old car,your paint is going to be faded naturally,and then when you use the scratch remover,it comes out the darker,more vibrant colour the car left with from the factory. But like I said above about the panel being resprayed,it'll look a little on an older car with faded paint,so you can tell where the new stuff was painted. Usually when stuff like that happens,you have to end up doing the whole car. When I wrecked my Celica,they painted half of my driver's door and blended in the rest. You could just see where they finished blending it in,and the paint was very weak and started chipping soon after where they had painted half of my door.

Plus you'll look like you've got polka dots all over your car if you use hat stuff on every little blemish,lol.

My car has some nasty paint chips and scratches,and instead of wasting my time and money on half assed fixes,I'm going all out and having the car resprayed,all the dings and everything removed and have th ecar returned to almost showroom condition.

'95 CGL ZMTX - DOB: 8/94 - Daily Driver - 271k & counting - Ractive muffler,MSD ignition coil,KEM 8mm wires,Pre98 SE 7 spoke rims,KVR CF brake pads,Post98 sail panels,Sony Xplod HU,Pioneer 3-way 6x9's '89 Mazda B2200 - Under Construction

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard