Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Im interested.But we need some prices,and some HP numbers.Also will it work with the ATX.Been waiting for a turbo application for a while.

A
A
Quote:
Must be a long winter.. 100 years or so?

This whole millenium thing has got me confused wink.

'99 Black SVT
Join the SVTOA
Safe Harbour Statement:
Anything said above must be interpreted against the background that nothing whatever might occur in the future.
B
B
ill drop 3500-4000 tops....but its a maybe if it doesa good job n i dont have to hack my engine bey...i love weekend projects...thats it..
pauli18@aol.com

pauli18@aol.com for questions
99 green svt
asp udp
b-n-m short throw
kkm intake
n the list grows steadily
C
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
C
Bump. Looks like not a whole lot of people want one, compared to NECO. Please send me an e-mail with your information if you are interested.

SeR,

Yes, it will work with the 3.0L but you need to keep in mind the extra compression. Some Wiseco 8.5:1 slugs would be great for high boost.

-Chris Hightower-
-Hightower Performance Products, LLC

(Oo.«xx».oO)
o xxxxxxxxx o
R
Administrator
Administrator
R
Chris, you know I would be interested, provided price is right and I have the money at the time.

Shoot, I'm interested just for the fact that there will be parts available should I decide to go ahead and do my own laugh

It's all about balance.

bcphillips@peoplepc.com
F
F
Chris- I am very interested, however the funds for something like that arent available right now. I think there may be alot of people that are in the same situation as I am, who are interested but just dont have the money. I didnt say anything before this just because of, well, you know...no $$=no turbo...

But, I would LOVE to see a turbo made for our car. Would give me something to save for for sure!

Seeya
FUseface
"Superhero Extrordinaire"
"I am Nigh-Invulnerable!"
97 LX Sport

AIM:MiguelAD8
S
S
I would love to have a turbo on our cars and would be willing to pay for one but it all comes down to h/p and torque number along with the cost for all the stages. If you could post us more of a estimate in cost I am sure more people might be chimming in to help us get a turbo going...
just my thoughts--
chris

G
G
I'm very interested right here, but I need a cost idea like everyone else smile

G
G
You caught me some 10 months too early. First I have to actually buy a Contour SVT which WILL be happening once I graduate from college next May. If all goes well, I'd be willing to drop $5-6K for a complete setup. I saw you were saying the first stage would be $2K which seems reasonable, but IMHO it would only be worth it to go to stage 3 if you want real power/boost, assuming ofcourse you already had high-flow exhaust, or stage 4 if their prices are competitive for such a thing. It seems that one would need to relocate the battery in the first place, I don't see how all of the piping and hardware could fit in there. So I don't see why the relocation kit would be Stage3 unless they're assuming they could fit everything unless the intercooler is added.

I know its still early to tell, but do you know if they are going with a top mount or front mount intercooler? Push for the front mount, I think a top mount would require a new hood. I wouldn't mind doing some chopping to the front bumper!

One more question, I was on the fordcontour.org forums and I inquired about a future turbo. Dom, the moderator and real knowledgable guy, exclaimed that people who have experimented with turbos on the duratec were blowing their lower engine bearings because they're weak. He said a fix is to take new ones of the 3 liter, different composition I think. Any thoughts on this?

-Nuggs

R
RMk Offline
R
Low-PSI for a 2000 (returnless, I believe) 2.5 ATX, and I'm in... once I have a better job, which should happen in about three weeks... smile

.RMk..

'99 SVT, Silver Frost
Open K&N w/ heat shield.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard