Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Coheed Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
Here is what happens, The Cooling fan will never come on EVER even with the AC on, unless I take the Green Relay and put it into the slot for the black R2 Relay it clicks like there is arcing, BUT the low speed fan turns on with the AC and runs. Also If I jump 3-5 on the slot it will run. The black relay that is supposed to be in the slot does nothing?? when I jump 3-5 on the high speed relay it does nothing"I cant get the high speed fan to come on" how much does the R2 small black 12v relay cost? thanks also what do you guys think my problem might be??

1995 GL 2.0 Zetec "single cooling fan"

Last edited by Coheed; 07/21/05 05:48 AM.
C
Coheed Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
Bump! Thanks

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
I have the schematic handy! The green relay goes next to the yellow one, the black one goes in the corner by the fuses. You can test the black relay with some jumper wires and a meter(DMM), connect a 9Volt battery to the pins 1 and 2, it should click, and 3 and 5 should have about .5 ohm across them or less. The green relay should NOT actuate if plugged into the socket for the black high speed relay, according to my ford schematic, makes me think your green low speed relay is stuck, check 3-5 pins. Check if the fan rotates easily, as well. Check wiring.

C
Coheed Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
Thanks Favorite.. The pins look fine on the green relay, maybee its something internal, I wish my cooling fans would come on!!!! grrrr

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
I found that on my Duratec, the fans run on low for a/c or engine warm enough, and high is only in high a/c pressure or very hot conditions that I haven't seen yet here in NY. Basically, low is normal operation. It is possible the fan is too locked up to turn at low speed, it happened on my Dad's Mercury Sable. We could not believe how stiff the fan motor was, had to replace it. You probably could get your fan operating like you did experimentally, but only a short time, till you can fix it right. The fan motor or wiring could burn out.

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Instead of always asking what parts cost check out the FAQ I made and look em up.
Where to buy parts

Relay is around $16.00 NAPA or dealer.

1996 2.5LT V6 Contour ATX My Tour+help/info pics E0 rims, Gutted Pre-Cats,CTA Custom Exhaust & Intake, Diablo Chip.
C
Coheed Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
Thanks so much for the Help Chongo!! I will run to napa and pick one up!

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by Coheed:
Thanks so much for the Help Chongo!! I will run to napa and pick one up!

While your there pick up a temp gauge sensor switch........
Might as well know what your cars temp is while your at it.

1996 2.5LT V6 Contour ATX My Tour+help/info pics E0 rims, Gutted Pre-Cats,CTA Custom Exhaust & Intake, Diablo Chip.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard