Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
So who ever has this bar, do u guys feel any diff when cornering?

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by Arhethia:

as it has been posted the rear bar makes the most difference, but I did go to my hs parking lot and was cutting corners around the islands at near 30, car felt like it slid around the corner, but not out of controll, you could see where the tires rolled over some and this was with the 17s and W rated tires

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
D
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by Arhethia:

depends on who you ask. i noticed a difference, whether it was good or not really I'm not sure as I'm no expert, but I thought the body felt stiffer and enjoyed the bar. after taking it off the car rode a little smoother around but felt a little more roll-y

Goonz12: <---tries on mommy's cloths
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
I'm very happy with my OMP (well wanted yellow but guess there red now ) It does make the ride feel stiffer. I have a rear BAT strut bar on the way, and a mid frame brace coming as well.

I installed mine on the GL which has the Zetec, which I believe can't be done without removing the stock air intake setup and replaceing it with a short ram or cold intake setup.

JD

JD a.k.a Fingers "Don't Panic" '98 Contour GL 2.0L VCT ATX 88k '98 Contour LX 2.5L MTX 120k Street racing can kill just less of a chance with a 2.0
T
tbarney Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
Here are some pics of mine. As I said, it is tight on the AC line and in turn the brake fluid. There doesn't seem to be room to move the AC line behind(toward the passenger compartment) the STB, so it ends up pressing right against the brake fluid. I was hoping that it was an install problem, but now I'm wondering if the bend in the bar has changed slightliy...

I'll be trying brapple's advice and looking for a bracket holding the AC line, just haven't had time to do that yet. Maybe that'll fix the problem.

Last edited by tbarney; 07/26/05 01:44 AM.

99 Sport ATX 1 owner, 94k Mobile 1 since 1k Mods:Sony MD Player, Sony XA-300 expansion unit, Sony CD Changer, XM Radio, 350Watt Alpine Amp, 2 10" Subs, Remote starter, glow gauges, K&N filter,OMP Front STB, SVT Exhaust(no res.)
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
now it makes sense, I thought you were saying the bar was close to the brake fluid resivor cap

yes the OMP bar is truely made for the zetec as I stated as it doesn't have the AC line there, they both want to be in the same spot. if you remove the plastic nut on the bracket i noted in the pic below it will allow the ac line to move back over the brake booster and out of the way, reference pic I posted before

again you might want to move the throttle cable as at the moment is it behind the ac line and moving th eline back would pull the throttle cable back also
should work perfectly

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
H
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
H
I have the same issue - the A/C line sits right on top of the reservoir cap. My work around is just to unbolt the bar where it bolts (with the single bolt) to the cap on the strut. Just do one side and lift up and voila!

'98 SVT Red/midnight blue - a few mods E0 wheels for sale - PM me
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard