Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
chbix Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
Ok so this past weekend I did the throttle hang fix (inserting the 1/2 inch copper pipe with hole into the tube) and today my temp guage is running higher than it use to. Ususally it stays at the O in NORMAL now it is running at the end of the R.

Is this happen to anyone else? Also it seems like i have less power.

I did this to fix the moosing problem

1996 Contour V6 2.5L 24V 5 speed Shift knob: pilot Nickel Metallic Millennium Plus Series Foglights: Pilot Pictures: http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/787584
C
chbix Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
Was searching around and someone said to make sure you reset the PCM, so i looked it up and tahts the powertrain control module (EEC). SO what does that do and how do i reset it?

EDIT: OK i finally found that to reset the PCM you pull the #4 and #11 fuses for 2 mins.

Anyway any ideas on the higher temp reading?

Last edited by chbix; 07/20/05 05:41 AM.

1996 Contour V6 2.5L 24V 5 speed Shift knob: pilot Nickel Metallic Millennium Plus Series Foglights: Pilot Pictures: http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/787584
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
It sounds like you may have incorrectly drilled the hole, or some type of operator error. Has it effected your idle... ?

C
chbix Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
not a major amount. It idles the same as it did before. I noticed that the drop has increased which is what its suppose to do, but sitting at idle has not changed.

How is it possible to screw that up? Take a 1/2 inch copper cap drill a hole in the center, and insert into the hose shown in the pictures.......

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by chbix:
How is it possible to screw that up? Take a 1/2 inch copper cap drill a hole in the center, and insert into the hose shown in the pictures.......

It is very possible to screw it up. When I did it, the hole was too big or too small or something stupid and it sent my idle haywire!!! As for you slight heat increase... it doesnt make sense, maybe your just imagining things or its some kind of coincedence.

C
chbix Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
Maybe, Im going to do some trial and error. I am going to reset the PCM as indicated, and if that doesnt fix things, then I will just pull the plug out and see if that does anything.

I noticed that the temp guage isnt staying at the high temp, its moving from the R back to the O and then back to the M. Might simply be due to the nasty heat wave we are having, or I might just be paranoid.

Thanks for the input

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
If it reaches M in normal, and drops when the fans run, that's OK, both of our Mystiques act that way. If it did not drop, you need a waterpump. Might get higher temps if it is truly hot, exeeding 90 degrees.

C
chbix Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
I read somewhere that the water pump thing only affected 98+ models. Is this correct?

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
I read somewhere that the water pump thing only affected 98+ models. Is this correct?

nope it is 98 and older, it seems that for 99 Ford went to the White plastic impeller which is better then the black one

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T

My understanding is that the water pump is a pre-98 thing.

There was a change over to a white impeller pump in 98 or 99, which is the more durable pump. If you have not changed your pump in that '96 of yours, you may be due.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard