Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by Static:
I am going to go cry now ...

so many classics! that hurt my head to look at!

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by BrianW:
Damn! How did it happen?

I heard that a Corvette dropped oil at a blind righthand curve. And before anyone could wave down the rest of the cars it happened. It really sucks to see a pile of beautiful cars ruined. But Im sure the guys have the money for the repairs. Also everyone was ok.
-tropictour

2000 Contour SVT Tropic Green SHO Shop CAI Bassani 1999 Contour SE BAT Kit
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Damn! How did it happen?

clearly the cobra was going the wrong way

- 98 SVT #5999 -. -CDA-7894 w/ ipod interface -Knauberized, Trubendz 2.5/highflow cat
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by SVT Driver627:
Ouch, that really sucks quite a bit, hope evryone was alright though!

if i recked a 427 Cobra's valued over 1.6MIL dollar car id have to end myself unless i had a few trillion dollars then it wouldn't be a biggie

1996 zetec atx 19.3381 at 71.51 mph 1/4 mile click me for an interesting sitea wbsite you should check outjoined the 100k+ club 5/21/06
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Those cars are meant to be raced. These things can happen, it's one of the risk. Like I said, they can be repaired. Let's just hope no one was seriously hurt.

1999 Contour SE Duratec ATX My feet and the Stra�Ÿenbahn http://www.tempo-topaz-performance.com/topazsho/ the coolest Topaz ever! To bad it's not mine
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by tropictour:
Damn! How did it happen?

I heard that a Corvette dropped oil at a blind righthand curve. And before anyone could wave down the rest of the cars it happened. It really sucks to see a pile of beautiful cars ruined. But Im sure the guys have the money for the repairs. Also everyone was ok.
-tropictour

Well here's how it happened. I'm not pointing fingers or anything but... Mike Donohue (Mark's son) was on pole. The field consisted of 65+ vintage Trans-Am cars. Now, pole and outside pole were told to maintain a speed of 50mph or 3000rpm in 2nd gear until green. That speed was not maintained and the field started to get strung out. Cars were still in the last 2 turns, which i believe are 13 and 14. So the front row got on it hard and then checked up because a late green was flown. That combined w/ the driver in the orange Camero (I believe)jumping the start and making contact w/ I believe the black Vette or the silver Jag. Now, as for the rest of the pack, they were just started comming up the hill expecting the green. So by the time they arrived @ the start/finish where the accident was taking place, they were approx. 125mph (remember these cars are going through the traps at 188mph) and then the damage begun. All and all I believe there were 19-21 cars involved, many w/ extensive history, some unreplaceable. Yes they can be "rebuilt" as in finding another chasis and swaping tags. The accident was a combination of many, many things going wrong. ie..late green, the front row not maintaing 3000rpm, jumping the start, the field not bunching up...etc. Truely is a sad event. Whats worse, is a lot of these drivers are either pro, ex-pro, or have been racing for 20+ years. Hopefully, lesson learned....a very, VERY expensive lesson learned.

modded 99 SVT for sale. PM me or Email me at zapparacing@aol.com
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B

this one will need some quality time with the fabricator!

-- 1999 SVT #220 -- In retrospect, it was all downhill from here. RIP, CEG.
V
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
V
I read about this in another forum. Truly a tragedy. I know they're "only cars" or whatever, but this can legitemately be compared to dropping a bunch of Monets or something.

E0 #36 '95 Ranger '82 Honda CX500
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
I still haven't figured out what went wrong. My first reaction was, "WTF? Did somebody start going around the track backwards?". The sheer level of participation in the carnage suggests a pile-up at the starting line.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by svtzap:
http://www.pbase.com/atrltd/bric2005

Thats one of 2 FIA LeMans 427 Cobra's valued over 1.6MIL
The Boss 302 was a factory Bud Moore Trans-Am valued over 240K
Camero's (i dont know their history) at least 110K+
Vette's (again i dont know their history) 85-115K+
E-Type (" ") 75-125K

Most likely these cars all have major history, so you can tack on an additional 125K for the ones that do.

if your talking about the blue cobra its not a 427.

Tea 82 242Ti Proud former owner - Samantha '98 SVT #2253 Reborn Aug 21 2002 Cobra Paradise
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard