Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
N
nemisis Offline OP
OP Offline
N
I have a 95 contour with 2.5 duratech. i have tried the acv, ignition coil wires, ingnition coil pig tail, mass airflow sensor, and the tps and still cant get it running right. the car is running very rich and idles low and stalls at lights when i stop from time to time. also not along with the subject i have a battery light and tested voltage at 14.5v. oh yeah i had the engine light coded and it is saying 0 volts from mass airflow sensor and egr? no switching. how can your engine run without voltage from mass airflow? anyone know of these problems im out of ideas.

R
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
R
Does it run like normal when you drive down the road?

1998 Ford Contour SE 2.0L DOHC 4-Cyl Engine Automatic Transmission 103k Miles
N
nemisis Offline OP
OP Offline
N
most of the time yes. it does have a turbo whistling sound but it also might be the altornator

R
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
R
when we got our contour we went to start it up and couldnt keep it running but we pushed it out into the road and started it and drove and it ran fine it was a $1 clamp and it was $24 labor. if it sounds like this try a mechanic it won't be that much

N
nemisis Offline OP
OP Offline
N
yeah i took it to pepboys and they all just scratched their head after 4 hours of messing with it. they told me "I have no clue" lol real helpful huh?

R
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
R
hmm thats odd. we took ours to a local gas station that has a full service mechanic shop connected 2 it.

R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
I haven't seen anyone mention the IAC.. if it idles low, and surges up and down, mearly stalling, or actually stalling, you might look in to changing/cleaning the IAC.

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

N
nemisis Offline OP
OP Offline
N
yeah i pulled it off to clean it and it looked clean but i went ahead and cleaned it with some carb cleaner. still no difference.

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Maybe the EGR valve is stuck open. Ignition wires could be mixed up. Check that each cylinder is connected to the right post on the ignition coil module. It will still run if miswired, but with less power and an odd sound (been there). A vacuum leak is possible, like the pcv plumbing.

N
nemisis Offline OP
OP Offline
N
about where is the egr located? and i already checked the spark plug wires.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard