Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Coheed Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
Alright lately my Rad fan has not been coming on, it would every now and then kick on high, but the car would run very hot! so today I decided to remove the switch between the connection and the rad fan. "the connector had fins on it and was about 4 inches long" anyways I hooked the power directly into the fan, this seemed to help, the fan turned on almost everytime, the only problem was later in the day while driving it began to smell like an electrical burning, smoke started to come from under the hood, I pulled it over shut it off and there was smoke coming from the electric motor of the RAD fan!! I when I pulled the power from it it was melted, BAD!! now im in real trouble, the good news is I was able to break away the melted plastic of the connecter. and the prongs and connecters can still make contact and the fan will still come on, needless to say the whole thing is in bad shape!! has anyone else had this happen? any info on this subject would be realy apreciated!!

ps. The wires that go to the rad fan look bad there is bare wire coming through electrical tape. this was there before. The good news
1995 GL 2.0 ATX

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
with out reading anything but the title I bet your car never had the recal done to install the resister on the fans. there was a recal because there was a chance the fan could catch fire because the bearings in the fan were to tight, I would make sure you have the recal done and get a new or used fan unit for your car

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
If you get a used fan, make sure the fan spins easily, not too stiff. Definitely see if you can get the wiring recall done.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard