Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
csvt99 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
Well I have decided on BAT springs, but I am so indecisive and can't decide which struts to get. I like the bilsteins because I don't want to lower the car too much, and apparently they keep springs about .25 inches higher than other struts. I like the konis too though because they are adjustable, and have a warranty, but they are much more expensive. From what I can tell, from the few people that have bilsteins, they love them. People who have koni's like them but never seem to rave about them.

Normally in a situation like this I would forget about it for a while and come back later, but I have to order them soon so that is pretty much all i can think about right now

Any advice from you guys (and girls )??

99 T-green svt K&N & heatshield Opt. y-pipe Borla Superchip DMD Magnecore wires Metal impeller water pump BAT / Bilstein kit 21mm BAT bar w/ boxed subframe 215/45/ZR17 Toyo Proxes FZ on Rage 5.0's jimmkreider@yahoo.com
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
My advice is on the Bilsteins.
Why? Well you've got the BAT springs already and the BAT kit is based on Bilsteins and those springs so it should work out really good for you, i.e. the shocks will have the correct amount of damping to work on the street and track if you decide to take it to the track.
The Bilsteins are also cheaper than the Konis if you go with the BAT struts, correct?
The only time you'd really use the adjustable feature on the Koni's is to either correct any damping issues with the struts/springs combo (which the Bilsteins won't have) and to increase the damping rate while on the track or autocrossing. And once you get down to it there's really not that much adjustability on those struts anyway. I would say if you were very competitive in racing the car I would get the Koni's but if not my motto is "Keep it simple!"
Plus, I have Bilsteins on my car and it rides great. It is rough on roads sometimes but the car is very level and fast on the track.

Now owner of 0 SVT's. my web page
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Koni & Eibach!

I love my setup! Let's go find some twisties CHKNHWK!!!! Then we can see which is better!!!

Brian D. Passaro 1986 Daytona Turbo Z Red with T-Tops 1995 Mustang GT Convertible Yellow Black Top 1998 Contour SVT E0 Silver Frost #3734 of 6535
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Me. Because I can actually drive.
Oh, did I say that outloud? LMAO! My car will be faster due to having better/wider tires.

G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by chknhwk:
My car will be faster due to having better/wider tires.

I didn't know wider tires added so much horsepower to your dyno of 125 hp !!

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
C
csvt99 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
Well I am really leaning towards the Bilsteins I think, but I'll wait to see who wins the race

99 T-green svt K&N & heatshield Opt. y-pipe Borla Superchip DMD Magnecore wires Metal impeller water pump BAT / Bilstein kit 21mm BAT bar w/ boxed subframe 215/45/ZR17 Toyo Proxes FZ on Rage 5.0's jimmkreider@yahoo.com
I
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I
if your going with billstien then get the bat struts since they are the same damn thing and they are cheaper. Personally i have eibach springs and bat struts and i love them but hey what ever floats your boat. If you want to install these bad boys and save a few bucks let me know i can give you a hand most likely.

C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Originally posted by SVT PETE:
My car will be faster due to having better/wider tires.

I didn't know wider tires added so much horsepower to your dyno of 125 hp !!

You're cruising for a bruising, Mister!
Originally posted by I8RICE:
if your going with billstien then get the bat struts since they are the same damn thing and they are cheaper.

That's exactly what I have and I absolutely love the combination.
If you're at a meet same time as me (and I actually have the Contour with me) you can take my car for a spin to figure out what you may like.

C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
If you're at a meet same time as me (and I actually have the Contour with me) you can take my car for a spin to figure out what you may like.

Yea same here... If I can get a free weekend!! Damn work!!!

Oh and CHKNHWK... You follow me I don't want to be eating your rear bumper when you use your BIG BRAKES to slow down for the corners!!!

I've driven CHKNHWK's and I8RICE's cars... You'll be happy with anything over the stock setup.

Brian D. Passaro 1986 Daytona Turbo Z Red with T-Tops 1995 Mustang GT Convertible Yellow Black Top 1998 Contour SVT E0 Silver Frost #3734 of 6535
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Actually, if I'm behind you I'll be eating YOUR bumper b/c I'll be braking later. If you're behind me you'll be braking sooner and I'll be pulling out of the corners faster.
You really need to get stuff situated so you can come do a track event with us.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard