Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
X
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
X
What is the deal? My dad ordered a windveil blue '05 GT 3 or 4 months ago and still hasn't gotten it. Apparently, they are now giving him an upgraded interior and telling him he will get an '06 model instead. What is causing the production delays? Sometimes I think I am more anxious than him because I want to take it for a spin when it finally arrives.

Matt 2000 SVT Toreador #1210 of 2150
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by xdouble:
What is the deal? My dad ordered a windveil blue '05 GT 3 or 4 months ago and still hasn't gotten it. Apparently, they are now giving him an upgraded interior and telling him he will get an '06 model instead. What is causing the production delays? Sometimes I think I am more anxious than him because I want to take it for a spin when it finally arrives.

To summarize... Ford being Ford.

They projected becuase of gas prices and recent sales that 70% of sales would be on V6 Mustangs and 20% woudl be on GT's, and the remaining 10% on GT 5 speed... well, demand went all reverse where basically 70% demand was for thr GT 5 speed and so forth. Ford is fuxord and your dad will be out of luck for some time till they can up production, supplies from OEM, etc... don't expect to see that in 2005. . Your dad will get his GT probably next Febuary.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Exactly, with the way that the GT's are selling/have sold, don't order one, if you see one on the lot you like, buy it, cause that's the only way you're gunna get one in the next year.

~Alex Ex- SVT Driver627 MUST SELL!!!LOCAL: Pre-98 MOLDED trunk Polk db speakers Corolla parts LED Underbody Kit PM 2000 Green CSVT gone on 2/17/06 2001 Toyota Corolla (SHE RUNS!!!) 1989 Mustang LX 5.0
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by Stry-ped:
Ford is fuxord

How do you come to that conclusion? Sales for their most recongizeable car are through the roof, and you think they're f'ed?

They can't keep the car on the lots because they're selling left and right.

Sounds pretty successful to me.

1998 SVT Contour Silver Frost for sale in Classifieds.
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by bishop375:
Ford is fuxord

How do you come to that conclusion? Sales for their most recongizeable car are through the roof, and you think they're f'ed?

MUSTANG GT... NOT MUSTANG V6.. this is abotu peopel NOT being able to get a Mustang GT.

I don't remeber saying ANYTHING about sales either, I'm talking about catching up with demand. 90% of people who WANT to buy a Mustang GT CAN NOT buy a mustnag GT right now. Ford screwed up on this part and HAS cost them.. GTO is seeing bigger sales.... true, they are turning people away from the V8 gas guzzler and putting their customers in V6's with flashy rims, grille inserts, rear bumper replicas with dual exhaust to amke it LOOK liek a GT. I'd say Ford DID mess up and that they are [censored] right now until this situation clears and everything catches up with everyone. Not sure if I have EVER talked to someone who knows ANYTHING abotu the car industry that has ever disagreed with this matter.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
X
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
X
Well, that news pretty much sucks. They actually have a GT just like the one he ordered at the dealer up the street here, but it is marked up by about $5000. It's been there at least 4 weeks and no one has bought it. Can't say I'm surprised since that makes it about $30,000.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Tell your dad to go brow-beat the crap out of a GM dealer and get himself a GTO with the discounts etc., on offer. It's a better engineered car anyway.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
X
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
X
I wouldn't argue with that Stazi. However, he is getting this car because he had the chance to get a Mustang when he was a kid and didn't and has always regretted it. The retro styling is what pulled him in to buy one (as well as many others apparently.)

R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
Originally posted by bishop375:
Ford is fuxord

MUSTANG GT... NOT MUSTANG V6.. this is abotu peopel NOT being able to get a Mustang GT.

I don't remeber saying ANYTHING about sales either, I'm talking about catching up with demand. 90% of people who WANT to buy a Mustang GT CAN NOT buy a mustnag GT right now. Ford screwed up on this part and HAS cost them.. GTO is seeing bigger sales.... true, they are turning people away from the V8 gas guzzler and putting their customers in V6's with flashy rims, grille inserts, rear bumper replicas with dual exhaust to amke it LOOK liek a GT. I'd say Ford DID mess up and that they are [censored] right now until this situation clears and everything catches up with everyone. Not sure if I have EVER talked to someone who knows ANYTHING abotu the car industry that has ever disagreed with this matter.

Ford is most definately not screwed over this. Yes it does frustrate some customers because they can't get the particular car they want as quickly as they want; but that is the way it works for new models that are in high demand.
Is it true that Ford marketing misjudged the pent up demand for the V8 cars? yeah, probably, but the split is accurate for the time when the demand curve settles out.

In regards to GTO having bigger sales? You are kidding right? I should ban you for a statement that retarded. The Holden plant that builds the GTO isn't capable of delivering more than 20k units per year to the US; while Mustang sales for 2005 will fall just shy of nearly TEN TIMES that amount.

Chad, you need stop with the half-cocked statements and blatant fabrications; it is ruining your credibility.

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
When I dropped my Tour off at a stealership for a warranty repair (which they're claiming isn't covered by the extended warranty now, BTW), I took a look at the line of Mustangs out front while I was waiting for the shuttle van. The V6s were marked up $3K adjusted market value and I think the V8s were $3500 AMV, maybe more.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard