Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1331411 07/11/05 01:59 AM
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
i just recieved my cold air intake a fews days ago. im not impressed with the lack of hardware or instructions. but this afternoon i had a chance to install the parts you would normally use for a short ram intake until i get a chance to cut the massive hole required for the rest of intake but anyways im having trouble with it idleing it seems like its metering to much air or somethin and i do have the diffuser in. any clue to why its doing this? or any suggestion on what i should look at to fix this problem? o and any pics of final install on a contour of this intake would b appreciated

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
you probably have a small intake leak.

Jim Hahn 1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit 364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Did you secure the mass airflow sensor back into it's fitting in the MAF casing? Also, reset the cars computer.

Mine does this too during a computer relearn (after reconnecting the battery). When it's about to fall flat and stall, give it a light revv. It will balance out just fine in a minute or so.

edit: I'm not entirely sure why it has tendency to stall out with the CAI except for the fact that it needs to relearn its air to fuel ratio, amongst other things. Can anyone confirm or add to that? I'd like to know too, honestly.

Last edited by Pre98; 07/11/05 05:54 PM.
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
I have a stock intake still and when I pulled the fuse for the PCM and reset it, the idle would dip very low for the first few mins, then went away after the computer re-learned.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
i found my 2 separate problems both of which were simple and stupid mistakes. initially it wouldnt even get past start up 2 idle so i looked and realized my diffuser had slipped down causing a leak thanks for the advise so i would think a second bout it and then it would idle but as soon as i changed the throttle at all it would die instead of idle and that was a very simple fix i missed last night. my line to the idle air control valve had slipped off but not all the way off so i didnt notice at first. i will report back tomorrow when the install is said and done. but i would still greatly appreciate someone postin a pic of this intake installed in there car

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
With pleasure.

Compliments to Chris and Brad, of course, and Andy for his garage (and busted drill bit )

Last edited by Pre98; 07/12/05 02:45 AM.

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard